VS's extreme under pop on the Matherson server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Heavypoint, Apr 12, 2014.

1. David Lancaster

OP is a liar. The VS hold the population advantage most of the time, furthermore the VS on matherson have the highest BR players compared to the other fractions on the server.
    • Up x 1
  2. BaronVonVirtu

NC are most commonly the overpopulated faction on Mattherson these days.

HOWEVER - I lose months of my life by trying to think about how they manage to lose alerts with 40% world population on a near constant basis. Because of their lacking coordination between outfits and leads, this has put the server on essentially equal ground as a counter to this overpopulation.

Mattherson TR are so very close to being able to always challenge the VS directly these days, their only challenge is keeping that population up for the alerts. One little push is all they need.
    • Up x 2
  3. Solidpew

The VS apparently have a more experienced playerbase, so population doesn't have to be in their favor for them to pull out a win. I say 'apparently' because I haven't been playing on the server for too long, yet I've been through enough battles to see myself killed by plenty of higher BR players (I sit at 46). BR doesn't necessarily mean skill, but I'd definitely consider it a sign of experience. I'm not sure the same could be said about the NC's overall playbase (I don't get to see their numbers on my killed by list as often).

The two biggest issues the NC seem to have are coordinated leadership and motivated soldiers. I haven't led a squad/platoon, but I've joined in my fair share of them, and I am not too surprised when PL/SL mentions the command comms are empty. Then comes the average foot soldier. It's not too surprising to see 48+ NC at areas not related to Alerts. I'd say the worst case is the 'capture continent or structures on specific continents' because a good chunk will stay where they were fighting despite the Alert going on.

Of course, it's not all doom and gloom. I still have fun as an NC, and sometimes we do manage to stand on our two legs and fight back.
  4. Peasnriz

VS underpop? errr nope.

VS have been topdogs for a while, Matherson VS are good at responding and communicating also success bred success, they often have the best turn out to alerts on different continents.
    NC for a while seemed to have got their act together but now they mindlessly zerg capping Indar while the alert is on Amerish, I know they have good outfits and players but the will does not seem to be there.
    TR has got some pop back in the last month or so and as a result the alerts have often been close run affairs which makes them all the more enjoyable in my opinion. Also the TR have made more of an effort to work together and even players not in outfits/platoons turn up at bases because they have the biggest fights going on.

I would say pop is at a good point right now in terms of pop distribution, no longer do we see the Vanugeddon of 50-60% VS server pop at times which was just bad, unless you like the easy mode steamroll which I suspect even a good proportion of Vanu got sick of.
  5. MasterOhh

Wanna see what a Vanu underpopulation realy looks like? Go and check out Cobalt! We are lucky if our pop goes anywhere near 30% during prime time (25% - 27% usualy for the last 1 1/2 months).
    Esamir and Amerish are mostly two faction continents on Cobalt (15% Vanus at max). The rest of us is concentrated on Indar because there, we have at least a chance to fight back with even numbers.

The only thing that makes me keep playing (apart from my outfit) is the joy of *****slapping all the low BR smurfs.

The Cobalt Vanus were allways used to have the lowest pop. But is was still ok with 30%- 31% prime time. But now its getting out of hand, because ppl are starting to leave BECAUSE of the low pop, which is worsening the problem.
  6. ElastaPlast

I played here on my NC alt yesterday as it was more balanced than Briggs, Miller or Cobalt (my main - VS). Maybe I got lucky?
  7. DQCraze

Things have evened out for the most part. It all comes down communication of the platoon leads during alerts. Most of us know each other from talking on a daily basis and it really helps to get troops where needed.

I know 903rd and BWC run very organized operations, I don't know to much about the others. The NC consistently have pop but really don't participate in alerts as a faction. They have the best air on the server have a couple of fierce fighting outfits, but can't fight as a unit. It's pretty sad really to watch all the talent go to waste.

I enjoy where the VS is at right now, we had a few really good slugfests this weekend, I hope to see more of it.
  8. Aeflic

NC has decent leadership on save for the trolls, but the issue is that leadership is leading 1-2 squads. We just cannot throw our pop around because no one is leading it or the people that are leading it dont care or dont know about command comms. Its a serious issue. But those that remain will continue to give good fights.
  9. SniverTenu

Allow me to spare you months of your life right now. The majority of NC on Mattherson are brainless idiots being led around by morons.

I was in an alert that just ended (TR Over-pop, TR won) and some idiot told everyone to go to Granite Valley Garrison to cap that in the last 5 minutes (Which would have worked if the place was a small outpost and there was no resistance and we were already there) but there was no way we could cap that in time, meanwhile TR was taking the Highroads Station and we could have kept them from getting a dominating victory. However instead of re-deploying to highroads most of the forces that we had at the Cryobank (like the idiots they were) ran to Granite valley instead of deploying to highlands, despite being told by someone to go to highlands.

IN ADDITION, to add to the fact that there are mindless idiots on the Mattherson NC, I was team-killed by some guy staring at me while I was fixing a turret. I asked him what his problem was and he in turn said "What you want PUNK."

But I digress, NC's leadership is pretty much a few good squads, a bunch of trolls, and if you could replace all of the others with bots, I think the bots would be better than the people we have right now.
  10. Aeflic

To be fair the TR reinforced Highroads, but you are right. There are just not enough leads to go around :/ and therefore the NC stays on Indar forever and always. Plus BL doesnt seem to want to coordinate unless dragon is online, so they keep all their people on Indar 24/7...

Sorry if I told ppl in region to go to GVG to keep the heat up at the 8 min mark, but as soon as Highroads got hit I flipped it around to go there. We got support at Highroads, but not enough especially when the TR reinforced.
  11. Corporate Thug

Mattherson VS complaining about pop... At least the NC and TR fight, unlike the VS who seem to normally be over popped but NEVER offer good fights unless you consider overwhelming a couple of squads with tons of air support and an endless sea of tanks and infantry fun for anyone. When VS pop is low, they can at least count on the TR or NC to attack and try to have fun instead of waiting to defend with double the numbers of the attackers. As others stated, the NC don't seem to be all that great and most of the TR that I've fought along side seem to also be clueless so I don't even understand how being under populated is a problem. Also, BR100 means little to nothing, mostly that they earned enough XP to get good at earning it and not necessarily good at this game.
  12. DQCraze

All I do pretty much is lead full public platoons. Don't you guys have a zerg herders? Nothing like purple rain... :)
  13. Aeflic

No not anymore. KN1 and VCO do an excellent job at taknig public platoons and making something out of them. The issue is 2 platoons cannot fight the entire war, just battles. The rest of the NC is lacking leadership to even give enough leadership/squads to their outfits.

BL i suppose does this zerg herding, but it has turned into a true zerg, unless they have a true lead on and even then you have to struggle to get them to help out. I'm telling it straight up no offense to BL, but you are screwing most of us over.

The other issue with the NC is that once most of the big name outfit leads left or big name PLs, the new ones dont understand how to move fast nor do they understand that you dont need 50/50 pop to hold a 3 point facil. All they need to do is hold one point and turn it into a slow 20 min cap until reins are needed or can be taken from elsewhere. In addition I couldnt explain how many times the NC attacks( this is all factions) a 3 point facility with less than 50/50 pop or 50/50 pop. I have never seen Indar Ex capped with 50/50 pop when there are 48+ on both sides.

Its just a frustrating time for NC. It happens to all the factions we are just stuck in it at the moment.
  14. Selerox

This. Cobalt is currently where VS dreams go to die right now.
  15. Ultramarine

Lol, wisdomcube is bad. VCO is doing pretty well, but that's only when they're open. The outfit has grown so large that they're becoming under commanded on some days and are forced to lock out public members. The problem with the Mattherson NC is that VCO is the only group commanding platoonS at any given time, so most players are in small squads or almost filled single platoons without coordination to the VCO or the other outfits/platoons/squads that are running.

Our outfits are struggling. All of our legendary leaders left and grew bored with the game, or burned out from over leading. Even when outfits do get a platoon up they've usually had to force a member into a squad lead position they're no good at filling which creates uninspired troops and leads to worthless advances.

Also, for whatever reason many leaders are upset with VCO and refuse to cooperate like idiots, so while numbers are present, they're deliberately avoiding cooperation and would rather run around oblivious. For the record, I'm [WMD] not [VCO]
    • Up x 1
  16. SavageBacon

VS are hardly needing pop on Mattherson. And while they do boast alot of high BRs, most of them are ok at best. What VS do well is move their population around quickly and properly and for that I definitely give them a tip of the hat.

However that tactic largely relies on NC/TR focusing on each other. Typically if every faction is playing somewhat wisely, the winner is a total toss up with 2nd and 3rd place being closely behind.
  17. DQCraze

BR100s are mostly players that have been members for 6 months to a year. What i do have is a solid knowledge of what alerts will be and where(I can get troops in place faster), where players like to hide, when and where reinforcements come from and where they will most likely go, thorough knowledge of base layouts and siege and defense tactics/strategies and air and armor tactics and strategy. No I'm not super soldier, I'm a general not a grunt....
  18. ChampagneDragon

We had a good meeting last night and one of the things we discussed was leaders/orders chat.

I need to get with you to fill you in on the latest. I hope to get my leaders to provide more information to those of you leading, and also offer more support in a few ways.

As I said to you before, if I were running things 24/7 I'd make sure we always were front and center. Of course, if that were the case I'd have been gone long ago ;)
    • Up x 1
  19. Aeflic

Thank you for this CD. I know not everyone likes alerts etc, but still could use the support when you have one of the largest outfits :). Indar isnt that fun! haha Let us know though.
  20. Epic High Five

Couldn't tell ya about Matherson but VS seem to be doing just fine on Mattherson

We all rally under the banner of our hatred of Wisdomcube. Such a uniting force the VS could only dream of
    • Up x 1