[Suggestion] VS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Psycho13, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Psycho13

Do something about the OP weapons on the Phagrider.....
  2. Hatesphere

i dont even.... try maybe explaining what you mean, maybe frame an argument or something.
  3. task_master

yes, let's nerf supernova and halberd to be on par with p2 and halberd

wait a sec
  4. Mythologicus

At least try to formulate rational explanations as to why you would reduce the effectiveness of the most decidedly average primary and secondary guns in the game before presenting the idea to the world.

The main gun doesn't have much going for it. HEAT -cannot- kill an ESF in one shot, so technically it's as bad as a Prowler at taking potshots. Up close it has the least damage of any MBT main gun in the game, with the only redeeming trait it has being a faster reload (which is nice, but I'd rather have a punchier gun and slower reload for seat-swapping solo). It also has the lowest projectile velocity, meaning it arcs like a ***** compared to the Vanguard, and the projectile is a freaking glowing, trailing ball meaning shooting across an open area is an even worse idea than in any other vehicle.

Last I checked, the PPA was reduced to be a meh weapon, just like all the other anti-infantry guns. It at least has an interesting mechanic, but the mechanic doesn't make it effective. The Saron is MUCH less effective than the Enforcer at long range (assuming you can aim the Enforcer). It's scary up close, especially against Sunderers, but it's not really that different to the Vulcan.

Literally the only thing you can complain about is the reload speed, and even then only with a halfassed argument such as 'it gives AP an unfair advantage against air/infantry compared to other tanks'. And considering how hard both of those types of hostiles can **** over tanks, that is balanced.
  5. asmodraxus

Yes lets nerf the mags main gun to the dps of the prowlers (unlocked, heck the lightnings dps is an improvement over the mags), it might need to increase the damage or fire rate
    • Up x 1
  6. patrykK1028

Sometimes I wish there was a dislike button on Forumside...
  7. Xasapis

The Magrider has the weakest weapons of all tanks, including the Lightning. Not sure what the OP is on about.