VS - What weapon for mid/long range?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Moor, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Moor

Hi all,

Just curious what VS medics recommend as a mid/long range gun?

I've already got a thanatos for those close encounters.

Thx in advance for your help.

Moor
  2. mistikl

The H-V45 is my go-to gun for my VS medic. It's rapid firing, does average damage, and is surprisingly accurate for "short-range gun."
    • Up x 1
  3. Accuser

The NS-11A is very good for long range, but it really lacks the stopping power in close quarters.
    • Up x 1
  4. Moor

Thx for the responses guys! How are these weapons (H-V45 and NS-11A) for accuracy?
  5. maxkeiser

Pulsar or H-V45. Both are very good.
  6. Blitzkrieg

Mid to long range, standard Pulsar and the Equinox are decent.

H-V45 is a high rate of fire weapon, decent at short/mid range, stands to fall a little at long range, but you can burst it at long range for kills.
  7. Sugarfree

One advice IF you are new to Planetside 2:

Create another VS char on the same server, get to your main warpstation and try out one of the weapons mentioned above by trial option. Cancel this new char and remake it to try out another one (rinse and repeat). Each trial lasts 30 mins, so maybe you get your opinion on the field since weapons preferences (stats apart) are judged by very personal feelings, too ;)
  8. DataLight

SOE should really implement a weapon test mode, like in Tribes. This 30min trial is not enough to properly test a weapon and waiting 30 days to get it again.. uww.
  9. Domnonos

I can't really recommend the Equinox. Bought the thing and while it's fairly accurate at long range, it doesn't have much of a punch. So you might be able to hit, but the damage will be low.

Anyways I change to the H-V45 and I really love the weapon! I find my self getting a lot more kills with it
  10. Duriza

Exactly! Just bought the H-V45 today and it´s really worth every single point. The firerate is almost ridiculous making it a great weapon for close-mid ranged fights and it even does an okay job in the 150-250m distance region.
  11. Heinekev

I have ~ 1100 kills with the NS-11A so far. It's my go-to for every situation now. However, it requires some upgrades to become the dominant choice: you need a 3.4x scope (the red dot one is best imo) and ABSOLUTELY REQUIRES soft point ammo to compete. The scope was huge, but unlocking soft point changed the game.

I also purchased the Equinox and Equinox Burst (with scopes) prior to settling on the NS-11.

It has great effectiveness at long/mid range, and up close can be deadly if you have the discipline to fire in short controlled bursts. As a medic, when I enter into close combat I trigger the nanite heal early so it gives me a slight extension to my survivability. At times, that has screwed me (not having it to recover post-combat, as well as making myself a target for snipers with the glow)... but it has helped more often than it's hurt.

For reference, I am a BR 22 medic with a 2.2 kill to death ratio (~1600 total kills) on Jaeger
  12. Krrr8or

I personally like the equinox for the nade launcher. The time to kill is not much worse and it is easy as hell to shoot so I like it.
  13. Trysaeder

I have no idea why people use the NS11a/CME when the Pulsar VS1 is available for free. Both are barely better at long range, while being significantly worse at closer ranges.

I'm a CME user and every time I switch to HA, I can mow down multiple targets at range far easier than the allegedly long ranged CME. It may have something to do with the CME's reflex sights being 30% larger than the LSW's, which pushes me towards using the 3.4x scope that subsequently encourages me to engage at longer distances.

The extra draw time from the GL isn't very nice on a class that switches weapons so often.
  14. Grotpar

Pulsar is our best mid/long range weapon. With just a front grip and a reflex sight, you're set, it doesn't need anything else to function well.
    Yup, reflex sight and long range, this weapon is absolutely fantastic.

Equinox is legit as well, but no point using it if you're not going to use an underbarrel attachment. Same goes for the NS11A, since it's basically the same gun, they just handle differently, but otherwise have the same attachments and dps.
    But I personally think the underbarrel attachments work much better on the carbine users, the LA has the mobility and the Engi always has ammo to use them.

I tried the CME, even pumped in 230 certs, and I still think it's inferior to the Pulsar.
    The CME seems to have more horizontal recoil, even with the advanced front grip, and factually has less dps than the Pulsar.(same damage, lower RPM, it's not much, though)