[VS] SVA-88 Attachments

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Zhorg, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Zhorg

Hello all,

I've just started the game since yesterday - Fell in love with it instantly ;). After trying out the classes I decided the HA fit my style the most.

So after spending 20 bucks I had a bit of cash to spend on - after reading the forum a bit I noticed most suggested the SVA-88, so this is what I went for.

Now that I'm slowly getting more & more certs I have to start deciding which attachments I should get for this LMG. Though I have absolutely no idea what to start with.. So thought I'd ask the more experienced players ;).

What, in your opinion, should I be getting first? What definitely not to buy, etc.
    And should I be getting a 3.4 scope? Or is it kind of worthless since the sights are pretty good itself?

Thank you in advance ;)!
  2. Krona

The scope is simply a personal preference. I use NV.

Get a laser sight on the rail, as a forward grip does nothing since it has no horizontal recoil.

On the barrel, you could get a suppressor, the compensator kinda sucks though.
  3. Zhorg

Yea, I was wondering about the compensator - I hear the SVA has alot of vertical recoil, and the compensator should diminish that? Or is it kinda worthless?
  4. Krona

It's still being debated if it actually does anything, I know I don't notice any difference. I stopped using it because its downsides are evident, but it's upsides are impossible to notice.
  5. Zhorg

All right, Thanks alot for your comments Krona - it helped me alot. Thinking I'll buy a scope aswell - It's only 30 certs after all. What would the best scope be? The NV then? (Last question, I promise :p)
  6. Krona

I like the NV ones, but I recommend you buy a reflex as well, since certain places make NC scopes work like crap.

It's really all personal preference, some people hate the NV scopes.

If you engage at range a lot you might want to invest in high velocity ammo and a 3.4x scope.
  7. Nivi

What? It doesnt? How so?
  8. Krona

The SVA only has vertical recoil, forward grips reduce horizontal recoil, so having one doesn't do anything.
  9. Nivi

so looking at this, only polaris and pulsar have horizontal recoil?
  10. Ipecac

No, they all do. Krona is confusing balanced horizontal recoil (equal chance of going right or left) with nonexistent horizontal recoil. Some weapons have fairly minor horizontal recoil or are used at ranges where it doesn't really effect them, but I don't know if any weapons in this game completely lack horizontal recoil.
    • Up x 2
  11. lncabin

SVA-88 has no net horizontal recoil. A foward grip will help.
  12. CaoCow

I would honestly rather have a unidirectional horizontal recoil that I can actually compensate for than the Parkinson's-esque left-right juddering that most VS LMGs (hell, most VS weapons in general) have.
  13. NightFall

My loadouts:

1) Assault
    -High velocity ammo
    -compensator
    -laser sight
    -2X reflex scope

2) defense
    -laser sight
    -1X reflex scope

Night vision scope sucks. don't get it,
  14. gunshooter

clueless person
  15. Nenarch

Frigging newbie, don\t give wrong advices.

Always night scope. even during day if you can use it.

Foregrip, compensator, NV scope is SVA 88 build what you should use. Rest slots leave empty.. more ain\t always better.
  16. deathbymexican

Ever since I started using HV ammo with laser dot and compensator the gun is kinda hard to control at long range. That fore grip is kinda important IMO.
  17. FnkyTwn

This thread is old and its back when people assumed that:

A) Some guns didn't have horizontal recoil because its not listed on the primary stats page (its actually on another page)
    B) The ingame prompt incorrectly states that the forward grip only helps horizontal recoil.. when extensive testing has shown that it also helps vertical recoil
  18. Ghosty11

The SVA has random vertical recoil and the forward grip will tighten the bullet pattern into a more oval shape -> 0 instead of a circle -> O.
  19. Leafanim

Hey I wouldn't consider myself an expert on heavy assault by any means but I hope that this helps.

When I eventually picked up the SV-88 I used the following setup:

1. Compensator
    2. Forward grip
    3. High velocity ammo
    4. Night vision scope / iron / 1x and 2x scopes depending on the situation.

In terms if the nv scope the person who said that the NV SCOPE sucks hasn't properly figured out how to use it properly. I hated it at first but recently have come to kill many using the nv scope (including daytime fighting).

So all in all I would personally test out the different scopes as they really only depend on your play style and how quick you are at reacting to the situation. Hope this helps!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
  20. goneLinkdead

The high velocity ammo makes the SVA-88 go nuts with recoil. I recommend comp, grip, scope works well in all situations.

This setup is the best all around LMG in the game in my opinion. I own them all across all 3 factions and have nearly all of them certed. SVA-88 is just outstanding at every range.