VS shotguns

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Roarboar, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Roarboar

I had taken a break from PS in january until yesterday. Back then shotguns were not really worth using, the orion was just superior anywhere past 5 m range. However from what I understand shotguns are now much better than they used to be? If so, which shotgun would you recommend for VS, and would you truly pick 1 above the orion nowadays?
  2. ladiesop

Shotguns got one buff in GU2 (I think) which increased their min-damage range to 8m and drop-off range to about 20m, along with improving their recoil.

The shotgun complaints happened later with the one-shotting pump action.

On the shotguns, the Pump Action (Phobos) works quite differently, in that you have a 0.6s chamber time between each shot, so you have to make them count but the payoff is better.

People tend to like the Automatics, though they got hit the most by the latest GU (not by much), decreasing the min damage from 60 -> 50.

I personally (if buying now) would be inclined to go with the fast reload (Thanatos), though the common consensus is the Automatic (Pandora) is a better choice.

Shotguns are IMO better for LA than HA, as they can dictate the terms of engagement better due to mobility though they can be used well by HA.
  3. Konfuzfanten

Sotguns are still a zero-20 meter weapon(unless certed with slugs). They dominate at zero-10 meters, so fantastic weapons for tower attack/defense, pretty much the same with biolaps.

Right now you more or less got 2 choices:
    a) auto shotgun: if you are okey at aming and what near instant killing power.
    b) pump action: if you are good at aming an instant kill weapon within 10 meters.

I got the pump-action, i like it, the OHK thing is obscene in tower fights.
  4. FnkyTwn

Or.. check out the test server and take a gander at the 2nd Gen Pumps.
    They're apparently right back to being OP and it's assumed they have a
    tighter spread, so longer ranges, but have slightly increased reload time.

I've rocked a Nova through Auraxium, both Slug and normal with LA and
    i've been pretty happy with it, although i'll admit that i've debated picking
    up the Pandora lately, but I guess i'll wait until the 2nd Gen Pumps arrive.