VS Nyx Scout Rifle Feedback 4/17

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by BigMcLargeHuge, Apr 17, 2013.

1. BigMcLargeHuge

The problem I have with the Nyx is I find it still outclassed by the SMG class weapons. I still feel like if I have to fight myself in a dark alley and lets make that a 20-25m alley I'd still win most of the time with my SMG over the Nyx. Also if I have an SMG I got stealth and an infiltrator tool. If I want to flank at closer range I definitely can. Nyx has that big disadvantage at close range which is fine I suppose but it's a striking disadvantage at close and a barely noticeable advantage at medium for me. When I did engage in CQC which is a disaster for a Nyx I was heavily reliant on my knife.

It's also a lot harder as an inflitrator to effectively use the Nyx. It takes longer and is hard to flank your opponent when you want to be firing from medium range. On the other hand it's very easy to flank with a weapon like the SMGs that are great at medium and close range.

Tbh, if I was forced to use the Nyx for some reason or another. I'd only fight outdoors and away from buildings and therefore objectives--basically only flanking people using hills for cover and I'd feel like I was at a disadvantage to all other weapons with my only redeeming quality being how uniquely quiet the Nyx is with a silencer compared to other silenced weapons.

As far as meta strategy goes for releasing your content--you probably want the Nyx not too feel so weak. Even if you think it's a sleeper. Battle-rifles have a greater learning curve that's going to take a bit for your community to get over (especially ones with a high fire rate like Nyx, which I find hard to keep firing at max speed). And in my experience it's better to release new content slightly OP. Then tone it down when you got reactions from live and better metrics. Cause if you don't release content so it feels comparable most people wont even bother trying to use it long enough to learn it. And then you got a large portion of your community breathing down your neck telling you something is weak trash even if in reality it's balanced if they'd get over the learning curve.

tl;dr still feels like the SMGs out class it