VS Max AV 1 shots Infantry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Strikejk, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Scorponok

ive seen that AV max **** easily on first shots...but yea i also agree if both arms fire its not a 1 shot thats 2 shots...no matter if it was fired at once its still 2 shots...but it all happens so fast it can look like a 1 shot.
  2. Copasetic

Or they're being spammed into a group or a choke point. You know, the ~95% of instances in this game where it's not just a 1 vs 1 in the middle of an empty plain.
  3. Total_Overkill

... What VS MAX user willingly takes Dual Comets and fights groups on chokepoints? o_O
    • Up x 1
  4. TheBlindFreak

I honestly can't say this has ever happened to me. I don't see the problem with such slow moving AV projectiles. Now Fractures, on the other hand...
  5. Messaiga

Comets are fine, 2 shots to kill with Maximum ZOE. Vortex's, Ravens, and Fractures should NOT be used toward infantry though, since they have large mag sizes, fast reloads, and lots of damage towards vehicles.
  6. gigastar

And i agree with you.

However im not going to stop it until Fractures get the same nerf.
    • Up x 2
  7. MorganM

Wait wait wait.... two seperate weapons firing counts as one shot now? What in the hell are you guys smoking? Coments do 475 dmg; even two hits isn't a kill. However I know a lot of dudes run ZOE so that would be a kill. Any way you guys want to spin it... it's 2 or 3 shots period. Even a headshot + ZOE isn't a OHK!

Please cry about real problems; thanks!
  8. MorganM

I love how you left out Fractures. They are great against infantry; 4 shots at most kill someone. Sounds like a lot but with their RoF and velocity it's really not hard at all.

Thanks for throwing in the paper tiger Pounders though. Seriously? Who you fool'n?
    • Up x 1
  9. Ender

Fractures, actually.

Comet damage vs infantry does need to be toned down a bit, but I know with ZOE maxed you almost never drop someone on the first volley unless they're previously injured, the second volley will almost always kill them though. If you missed, unlike fractures you're in a reload.
  10. FigM

Comets with ZOE are really good against infantry at medium-long range, better than machine guns. But at close range, it is definitely worse than using machine gun.

I also played NC MAX and both its AV weapons are not nearly as effective as Comet+ZOE.
    • Up x 1
  11. NoctD

Fractures cost 2000 certs, unlike the 250 for a 2nd Comet. Pounders are the right comparison here.

Pounders and Falcons are utterly terrible compared to Comets. And ZOE 1 is all you need, you can run around at max speed for a mere 150 certs.

The VS MAX requires almost nothing to make them a monster. The NC MAX requires the most amounts of certing, and the TR MAX is somewhere in the middle of the two.

Vortex does need a bit of buffing vs. infantry, but they are by far the best AV option. MAXes are mega fragile vs. tanks, you die in almost zero time (lockdown is simply not viable unless you're behind a ton of friendlies)... with ZOE and Vortex, you charge, unhide, shoot, duck behind cover again, rinse, repeat. With NC Ravens, you still have to guide them to your target... at least they're pretty strongish when they hit. Fractures need the most spam and pray here, so they're the weakest AV with somewhat better AI than Ravens/Vortex.

Its Comets that are ridiculous amongst all of them.
  12. Mxiter

Comets does 475 damages + 80 splash damages.
    Dual comets does 1110 damages in dual direct hits, so it can insta kill. (flak armor don't matters here)
    It's enouth to kill non-NW or with NW lvl1 guys.
    This without ZOE.

Fractures needs 3 shots to kill non-NW guys and 4 hits for NW1

The TTK is short for both (instant or 0.3sec for dual comets and 0.41sec for dual fractures).

Every AV weapon (but vortexes) are planned to me nerfed against infantries.
    Fractures have a great range, great velocity, great ROF great damages per mag, it's better than ravens at range but weaker at close range.
  13. Being@RT

So all the complaints about NC MAX oneshotting were lies!
  14. KanoHe

They should remove Zoe DMG buff completely (along with super tracers and Pink disco). And add plazma/fire nanites effect to max feet and arms upon activation (2,5sec delay) and 5 sec deactivation delay where max cant sprint, have standart movement speed but remain armor debuff.
    While Zoe is active max melee atacks penetrate armor dealing pure 500dmg to any armored target.

As for Comets - dual shot doesnt kill full health lvl 1 Nanowave/Flack player except infiltrator(needs nanowave 4 to counter)
    Zoe Comets - dualshot kills any non full health flack5/nanowave4 person.

NC Falcons dualshot can kill any class except max, and ha with full shield/nanowave.

Ravens>Comets mid-long range.
    Comets>Ravens close-to-mid range.
    Fractures>Comets=Ravens at any range.
  15. Romlas

If Vs Av weapons get nerf i wana see c4 nerfed i get one shot from them all the time in my max. And i wana see max suits armour against shotgun buffed shotgun should not hurt maxes.
  16. Xasapis

VS vortex are useless against infantry. You're better off running at said infantry and punch them than shoot them with the vortexes, they are that bad.

If all AV weapons get toned down to be as ineffective as the VS vortexes, I fear that the TR and their fractures will be in for a huge shock, considering they are the best (twice as effective compared to anything else) AV weapon to kill infantry with.
  17. Fox Reinhold

...I dunno guys, I just feel like we've got bigger things to worry that are broken in this game than sniping with two giant slow moving plasma balls at long range...
  18. Xasapis

Well, the main issue is population disparity. Right now TR seem to have the lead after a long time NC leading the world population. Yet, here we are discussing how an ability of the lowest populated faction breaks balance :)
  19. Stromberg

genereally all rocket/shell type weapons have a HS multiplier of 1. shooting maxes with rockets to the head makes no sense for example. it doesn't do more. comet shouldn't be different.
  20. sodom

Sorry but if you got killed by a Comet MAX your need to really be brain dead or simply unlucky .. sometimes i kill a guy who just came around the corner as i tried to hit the tank out of the door and that's the same result you have for any other max weapon.

The bullets move at such a low speed that you easily dodge them and they are brightly visible. The only guys i regularly kill with my comets are these that think camping in a door way or sitting behind a tree are valid cover tactics. Surly i "one shot" kill these guys but most time i can also kill them by simply punching them and i would slaughter them with any other weapon as easily too. Sniping with them is nearly impossible because of the bullet spread and no zooming .. if i can snipe you with my comet your stand idle for such a long time you simply earn to be killed.