VS Lost Indar in style

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Pella, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Pella

INI Elite getting **** done via a base jump. With a Eurobob finale.

• Up x 1
  2. Xasapis

It was nice to see VS get Indar from the SE corner again.

Generally speaking, it's hard to play tactical and not be frustrated, so smaller skirmish fights or even meat grinders is the way to go on Miller these days.
  3. isilyan

Yup no Spec-Ops to bail us out, when the ****storm hit :)
  4. Xasapis

It's not only that. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the morale is low as well. Not as low as NC that abandon the faction when in that SE corner, but low enough not to put that much effort any more.

I know I'm tired (and since RL is kind of stressful right now) I end up logging to some other game for my fun time.
  5. Shinrah

It´s not only that, you login you see you have roughly 25% population worldwide and 26% Indar pop, you are under attack by NC & TR, all while sitting down in the canyons being hammered by Phoenix and Striker Squads. It´s not really much fun, you don´t have many tactical options because you are limited to 2 routes.
    I´m no fan of terrain that prevents me from flanking and playing smart. Sadly Esamir had rougly 5% pop and Amerish had 30% VS, but at the same time 57%+ TR, so with no real options to go somewhere else most of us logged out after the lock was gone.

It was the same the day before, canyon battle 1 or 2 bases from our WG with limited tactical choices.
  6. Loui5D

i actually enjoyed the SE wg, can get some extremely interesting dogfights, you can break locks and escape flak easily.
    • Up x 1
  7. Shinrah

Not if literally every canyon top around your WG is full of AA squads. We stormed one of those plateaus and found about 3 squads of NC Bursters with Infantry support. That was quite hilarious. The last days were kinda hardcore on VS side, you logged in and found yourself with 3-4 bases left and 20% population. Not saying great fights can´t happen there, but it´s unlikely when you are limited to a couple of bases and fight superior numbers at every single one of those, all while being spammed from highground.
  8. Maarvy

VS got stomped all evening , giving every inch of high ground away all the way back to the WG from tawich / rashnu .

Sitting at one base after another in the canyons getting farmed from every angle . Watching the masses of magriders roll straight out of the gate towards copper ravine only to be vaporised within 200 metres was ludicrous .

Why the hell play the faction with hover tanks and then be funnelled down roads baffels me , once tawich falls the canyons should be riddled with magrider / lancer / zoe AA teams on every ridge top .
  9. Maarvy

You always have the advantage of access to high ground when you play in the SE corner .

The SE road behind the warpgate give's access on to the southern ridge unopposed , from there you can clear the armour troops from the hills north of copper ravine / ayorre torre .

You can drive straight up the hill north of copper ravine or arroyo torre and be alover those hills way easier than a force coming from the other direction .

Then again if you just sit inside shield rooms and give it away what else can you expect that the other side is gona get up there and hammer the living F out of you .
  10. MeAnV2

Gratz on removing the VS indar lock, too bad it didnt last very long for us :p
    On the other hand, the way you acted in /yell chat the last 20 mins pella was incredibly immature and I thought of you as more mature than that, atleast when TR got 45% world pop and team up with the NC(no problem here)
    Please come back once you've held indar for 2 months(in lack of proper metagame, I consider this the only true metagame atm)
  11. isilyan

Was only on for the last 10 min before we got gated, but i have to agree with you on this. VS lost the high ground way to easy, despite the chat was glowing red with requests to do so:(
    Since NC had pushed us hard on the northern lane all afternoon/evening, that should have been a wakeup call for us......
  12. isilyan

Yup our morale when to **** after we lost Indar, our normal late evening/night pop boost never came :(
    And TR had the highest night pop i have seen in a while....
    Take a break for a while m8, i do when the pop/fractions dynamics get to me :)
  13. Pella

I didnt say anything in /yell chat in the last 20mins?

And i have footage of the last hours worth.

Deceived yet again..
  14. ValorousBob

Hahahahaha I was worried when I saw that, I thought it was gonna be me getting C4'd or knifed or something.
  15. ValorousBob

Morale has actually bounced back the last few days. We just had a "Purple Wednesday" where a bunch of the TVA outfits agreed to play together at the same time. It was really fun, really effective, and VS population was equal or greater then TRs during primetime.
  16. Pella

Indeed, it seemd we where on the backfoot from the VS most of the night.