[VS]Looking for organized outfit

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by PLZAXBB, Mar 17, 2013.

1. PLZAXBB

Greetings.

I am looking for nice and (really) organized outfit with active and clear voice comms that works together, so:

What am I looking for:

1.) Active and clear TS
    2.) Clear chain of command
    3.) Squads ran daily, with appropriate level of command
    4.) Otherwise friendly environment
    5.) Preferably training ops on regular basis

What am I NOT looking for (and I feel like I need to be more concrete here):

1.) Trolls or trashtalk in comms (I seriously do not care how many people you just killed with that grenade, especially if I cant hear orders because of you gloating)

2.) Generally disorganized gameplay - I don`t like to see members of my squad running randomly all around the continent, nor do I deem simply putting squad and platoon waypoint someplace and zerging towards it with no regard for squad or platoon logistics a succesful command.

3.) Incompetent squad leaders - I agree this is a game and most of all it should be fun, (and everybody is allowed to have weak moments now and then ofc) but if I ask: "Squad leader, what are your standing orders?" I really don`t want to hear "Chicken soup with some bread" in return.

PS: I dont really care if your outfit has 30 or 300 members as long as you are active ingame.

So if you guys run or at least know of such VS outfit on Cobalt, just post in this thread and lets hope it helps me and other people find our home ;)
  2. cassan0va

3. Crestfall

Are Miller outfits doing so badly that they need to recruit from other servers?

@OP: You didn't provide an ingame name.
    • Up x 1
  4. thekiller2002us

I lolled at this^
  5. drbutch2r

[IMG]
    The Warrior knights...who are we?
    we are a friendly bunch of folks who enjoy gaming, well to be honest we enjoy almost anything PC releated along with various other things such as Airsoft, modelling and various other things. We are not a strict regimental " clan "
    as we know real life can get in the way, therefore we take a more relaxed approach to gaming, if you want to play for fun then we are the place also if you wish to play hard as nails and be a force then at the same time we are the place for you.
    What can we offer you?
    We play various games apart from Planetside 2, ranging from ArmA 2 ( waiting for ArmA 3 ), Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Guild wars, Star trek online and Sniper Elite v2 to name just a few. We have our own 500 slot teamspeak 3 server as well. We dont just use TS while in game, its our main port of call for discussing things as well. We consider our selves a community rather than a clan and we like to say the house is run by the members for the members....to the point that every single persons views are heard, if a member has an idea then we will explore its possibilities.
    What are we looking for?
    At WKV we are looking for like minded people who want to play the games we play and to enjoy themselves at the same time. Teamwork is the key to playing well and when we play as a team we can match and beat anyone out there. We don't care if you are a season gamer or if this is your first time online, as long as you want to enjoy yourself and make new friends then feel free to come along one night...... you never know you may never want to leave.
    "Games come and go, However true friendship will always be there. "
    Join us on teamspeak : voice.gamingdeluxe.co.uk:10079
    or visit our website for more information
    http://www.warriorknightsgaming.com
    your welcome anytime
  6. cassan0va

Not at all, im a humanitarian trying to put an end to the suffering.
    Not as bad now after the merge i guess
  7. FinWiz

Trident is one possibility, we are one of the biggest outfit on Cobalt.
    http://ps2trident.com/
    But a few things
    1. I don't think that we have TS, we at least used to have Mumble instead but as I don't have mic myself, I not sure.
    2. We got this, we don't run random platoons
    3. From main page: We run organised public platoons 24/7 with experienced platoon and squad leaders who use ingame voice.
    4. We have over 1000 member and hundreds of them are active but I can't name a single *******
    5. No, we don't have this.

About trashtalk, well we play for fun so stuff going on in outfitchat is not always game related but orders are usually given via platoonchat anyway. Anyone who prevents leader from giving orders by trashtalking will heard about it it very quickly.

If you are interested, you might want to ask more from JudgeDeath (outfitleader), he got an account here on forums. He knows details much better than I do.
  8. Rexsaw

I'm a member of PTMC.

It fits almost exactly what you list. We run 'Command Platoon' every evening at 7 p.m. GMT. Our Platoon leaders do a great job, and the rank structure is quite clear. We have the outfit leader, several platoon leaders, some squad leaders, and then veterans and squaddies. Each has a different role to fulfill within the outfit.

Activity wise, we have something between 200 and 300 players, but I believe over 200 of them were on over the last week.

Rather than saying more, just join us for a CP one evening. We usually leave squad spots open for non-members; they are welcome as long as they follow orders.

Oh yes, concerning voice. We try to use in-game voice as much as possible to help everyone feel included (even non outfit members tagging along) but we also have a mumble server available and use it regularly as well.
  9. Kakkeru

Hi, i m also looking for an outfit that fit the description. Did you find a good one?
  10. ferelferret

If you are still looking for an outfit that plays in squads with clear comms and has the added element of fun while gaming then try us

Warrior Knights gaming.

Jump on our teamspeak from 5pm GMT ( WKV.TS3DNS.com ). We are a friendly bunch of guys who like to have a good laugh whilst playing the game but also always playing the object, taking the points, holding the points and working as a team.

If you are looking for somewhere to play ( including other games apart from PS2 ), have a great time and make some new friends then look no further.

Hit me up in game - CptCustard
  11. Tkristensen

12. datfluttershy

Dear OP - as i am NC you will recive the most unbias answer from me:

if you are looking for a well organized VS outfit on Cobalt you should consider either IVGD or OWND, both are not really large in size but show a high potential in tactics and strategy. The only other Solution would be TRID as one of the biggest outfits you can get into.
  13. Necro

the last post is odd as OWND is huge, probably one of the biggest zerg outfits i've seen on cobalt, IVGD is good though
  14. Nenarch

well Highest ranking VS players play together in IVGD's teamspeak.. or atleast we try with shuriken,choon2,shure,valilo, wintermutedown etc. Anyways we'r on this weekend.. if your really that active and got the xp, check our forum post.. and contact some leader.

IF you got TS.. I don't care about ppl who aren't on TS with mic.

Server was down.. so did some forum spamming, talk with our leaders if you want to join one of the most organised VS outfits.
  15. Teehetki

If your toon is in Cobalt and you are player with dedication to accomplish what your superior order to do, join TRID (Trident). But there is others too, like OWND, these guys know what to do also. And to point 5 i must say: WE have them, join the F***ing forums and you see =P. I can´t say much about other outfits here, because i have played this game just 2 months. And for objectivity i would say that IVGD is good too, maybe smaler, but efficient.
  16. Neleb

2.) Generally disorganized gameplay - I don`t like to see members of my squad running randomly all around the continent, nor do I deem simply putting squad and platoon waypoint someplace and zerging towards it with no regard for squad or platoon logistics a succesful command.

I'd suggest joining one of the smaller outfits rather than TRID/OWND/PTMC. Though they try not to, they generally end up zerging one base and staying there (we're trying to get SoE to rename The Crown to 'TRID HQ'...), ignoring everything else on the map. There are smaller outfits that get the job done better.
  17. PLZAXBB

Over the past months, I tried both IVGD and PTMC.

I am not gonna go into detail here, but from my perspective neither of those two outfits seems to fit my description of WELL organized outfit in more then one point.

I feel I need to point out that as far as I know, there are no hard feelings from either side and I do not intend to bash those outfits in any way, anyways if you are looking for an outfit that fits my description, you might be a tad disappointed.

I will try to update this thread as I play with other outfits, but I like to give them a fair run before judging, so it may take some time.

Still... anyone has any suggestions? Know of a good Cobalt VS outfit someone like me (based on points in OP) might want to try?
  18. Nenarch

Well I'm just going to say, you where in IVGD? Never saw you on TS in my channels, if not on TS that's your choice just don't expect much from this game if you don't use out of game voice comms.
  19. ferelferret

Hey there bud if you are still looking then your more than welcome to run with us a few days...sometimes we are 20 strong sometimes we are 5 or 6. However we play to win and play to enjoy our selves....yes there are times when there is banter on TS but also if we are pushing for a point we make sure we do our damdest to get the job done with orders and waypoints.
  20. PLZAXBB

Just to clarify. I said I like to give all the outfits a fair run, so ofc I have used TS with you guys. I have not formed my opinion based on just one night (or a week for that matter).

As I said, I am not gonna to go into detail here, as this thread is not meant to bash any of the outfits out there. I just stated that in my opinion, your outfit does not fit my description of well organized outfit - which means accomplishing all the points in the OP - except the 5th, (the training ops one) which is not a deal breaker, but it still tells a lot about the effectiveness and organization of the outfit itself.

Again, I am sorry if I offended you in any way. I understand you enjoy playing with IVGD and t is totally understandable, but then again, we might just have different taste or standards.

And which outfit might that be? ;)

Edit: nevermind ferelferret :) If I just read my own thread :D