VS LMG - your favorite

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Lukor, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Lukor

Title pretty much says it all...what LMG do you like to roll with and why?

I like the Orion but it doesnt have the 2x reflex sight or a compensator, so tried the SVA-88 that comes with Alpha Squad.
    So far shooting seems very similar to the Orion (recoil might be slightly worse), but you get +25bullets per clip and better cert choices. So, would you pick any LMG over the Orion? Whats your favorite?
    Thanks guys.
  2. Timujingeo

I've only tried the Pulsar LSW for the past month or so and it was certainly the best for VS heavy in beta. I notice there are others now but for the moment I'm sticking with the Pulsar as it has a decent x75clip and it hits hard.
  3. SKYeXile

Pulsar, the flare is okay, but has more recoil even with a compensator and i dont believe its cof to be as good either.
  4. NoDachi

Pulsar or bust.

It also looks the best aswell.
  5. Blitzkrieg

Pulsar LSW was awesome. However it lost its soft point ammunition though :(
  6. don

flare with frontgrip, flash suppressor and ironsight... irnv at night.
  7. MartianDiscoFish

Pulsar LSW or the Flare,
    Flare is great for short ranges, Pulsar for long ranges.

Still bugged about how all VS LMGs look exactly the same :(
  8. Klaatu

Went Pulsar LSW - Never going back.
  9. Timperium

What's the difference between the Pulsar LSW and the Alpha squad lmg?
  10. Deathrus

I use the polaris soft point no issues.
  11. SKYeXile

really? i thought the opposite.
  12. ExarRazor

i picked up the flare with SC on release, and i gotta say, im lovin the thing

i spent my first 230 certs on a compensator, grip, and reflex, and i like it much better than the other ones i tried during beta
  13. Emperor

Most VS I've talked to seem to swear by the Pulsar, but I personally love the Polaris a lot more. TTK is negligible between the two of them, and if you put the magazine extender on the Polaris, say goodbye to reloading. Checking my mag during extended fights against multiple enemies ain't even a thing anymore.
  14. Rossinna-Sama

I'm using whatever the one is that came with the Alpha Squad. It seems to do well enough against TR, but had issues against NC at close range, Which is to be expected. No certs put on it at the moment, focusing on my Scythe.
  15. Erendil

The LSW has a more controllable recoil during aimed fire. It's RoF may be a tiny bit lower too, but only by a minimal amount. Not much else is different.

OT, If I'm expecting only long range (75m+) firefights or am going to be doing a lot of firing from behind cover and not much moving around I'll pick up an LSW. For everything else I prefer the Orion since it has the highest RoF and thus highest damage output, the fastest reload times, and the fastest footspeed during aimed fire. During Beta it had the tightest non-ADS CoF as well, but I see they tightened up both the LSW and SVA88 (the Alpha Squad LMG) to match it post-launch.

However, I just bought the Eidolon battle rifle so my relationship w/ the LSW may be short-lived.... :cool:
  16. Sillyfish

Pulsar LSW. Just got my 2x sights. Working great. Love the 75 Clip size and there's zero trouble with damage.