[VS] Heavy Assault CQB Loadout Ideas, opinions please

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by TuskenRaiderMel, Jan 1, 2013.

1. TuskenRaiderMel

VSA-88 with Laser Sight, Suppressor and 2x Scope (Will mainly be used for hip firing, so maybe a 3.4x or 4x scope for longer range encounters) (HV ammo worth it to counter the suppressor so it can still be used at range?)

Which Ability would people recommend for CQB and why?

Suit slot I'm thinking Nanoweave Armour
  2. Krona

Why wouldn't you just get a shotgun?
  3. Erendil

Because even a Nova with an extended mag generally only gives you 3-4 kills before you have to reload. Plus you run out of ammo really quickly. But you can reliably get almost twice that before reloading an SVA-88 and have a ton more spare ammo.

That said, my CQC weapon of choice for my Engie is an extended mag Nova w/ slugs. :cool:

Tusken, I'd get an NV scope over a 2x in most cases. I find target acquisition faster since all enemies w/in 75m glow like Xmas trees, night or day (even cloakers).

For Ability I always go with Resist since it never goes down until the timer is up, allowing me to kills 2-3 guys in a room, pop a medkit, and then kill some more baddies in the next room with my shield still fully intact. With NMG, once it absorbs what it can it's gone and has to slowly recharge back to full protection..

Also, don't bother w/ the 3.4x IMO. The OG-4 4x takes up less of your screen and has greater magnification. Even with the slight loss of peripheral from going 4x vs 3.4x I find transitioning between ADS and "hip" stances easier, as well as target tracking and acquisition. It's personal taste tho, the 3.4x scopes seem to work better for some people.

I can't comment yet on HV ammo since I've never used any (it's next on my shopping list for the SVA-88 tho).
  4. TuskenRaiderMel

Thanks Erendil, I'll give that a go
  5. gunshooter

Assuming average accuracy of 20-30% 4 kills in 1 75 round clip is actually pretty normal.

But shotguns are still terrible for HA's. They're only good for LA's because they can reliably get into close range w/ jetpacks. As a HA you can't pick your fights like they can.
  6. SinerAthin

What's the range on Nova?
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I personally use a Pandora on my HA, sure, I can't get in their face as easily, but I'm not as easily disposed of, either.
    And I swear by the Adrenaline Shield, it just allows you keep going.
    As for CQB, I'm hoping to acquire the Polaris; It offers a 100 round battery and can be fitted with an advanced laser sight, definitely something for CQB.
    The recoil also looks bearable.
    I don't know about suppressors, but otherwise the SVA-88 is a decent gun and sure makes for proper Close Combat.
    I switched back to the higher DPS Orion for a bit, until I lost a fight to a chaingunner because the battery was dry.
    Ammunitions goes a long way.:cool: