VS HA Which Shield Should I Get?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by RayDrazon, Jan 11, 2013.

1. RayDrazon

So, I recently started playing the HA class and I'm still learning how to play it.

What I want to know now is what type of shield I should get for my HA.

I've browsed the forums and people all seem to have mixed opinions whether the Resist, NMG, or Adrenaline shield is better.

As of the moment, I already have the NMG maxed out but I still want to hear your opinion on this matter as I might be getting another shield if I think that the other ones are better; at the moment, I am evenly split between the three.

What I know so far from my research:

* The NMG is more of an all-purpose shield that can save you sometimes more so than the resist shield if you forget to activate before a fight. (I did notice some improved regeneration speeds as I upgraded but I thought the speed the shield regenerated was still relatively slow...) It is useful if you get jumped on.

*The resist shield reduces damage more than the NMG overall if you activate it before a fight begins. Furthermore, as long as the resist shield is activated, you still have the damage reduced ~45% no matter the time remaining left before the shield turns off.

* The Adrenaline Shield is great for kill streaks because the kills you get can buff the shield.

My situation: Sometimes, I remember to activate the shield before a fight, sometimes I do not. Sometimes, I go on a 5+ kill streak while other times I only kill 1 and die. So yeah, my predicament here is hard to resolve... Please post and comment below. Thanks.
  2. SinerAthin

Resist shield.
    Highest durability of them all, most versatile and well rounded, couple with Flak Armor for outdoor fighting and Nanoweave Armor for indoor fighting.

Adrenaline and NM are very specialized. NM is superior if you are slow to activate your shield after being hit a few times, whereas Adrenaline is only good if you are >CERTAIN< you'll kill a fair share of players.
  3. RayDrazon

Well, there's one opinion... Thanks for sharing. Anyone else?
  4. Ocaml

Pretty much that SinerAthin said. Though if you find yourself alone most of the time keep standard NMG. It will help you with surprise attacks more than Resist shield.
  5. Blitzkrieg

6. gunshooter

Resist shield. Adrenaline doesn't recharge enough on kill and NMG is only good if you want to win a single 1v1. If you're half decent at FPS games you will have the capacity to get big killstreaks as HA and resist shield is best for this because it requires no recharging to work nor does it expire, allowing you to chain fight many people in succession much better than the other shields can, while also being useful outside of straight up combat unlike adrenaline shield.
  7. CBCronin

I bought the resist shield because of what I read, but I have to say you really have to try them for yourself. I like to hit a shield after a long jump right before I hit the ground or the minute I get surprised by enemy fire or maybe to soak up some hellfire/Lib splash while I hide in a building. For me at least, the default shield works best for my play style.

Some may like to use a shield before that expected charge, but as shields make you feel like you are moving in slow motion I found it really wasn't for me.
  8. Kyutaru

There's really no reason to grab NMG shield because Adrenaline will recharge to be its equal after a single kill. The only thing making NMG a more worthwhile option to some is the affordability. Adrenaline shield costs many certs to upgrade and if you can afford it, it surpasses the NMG in all close combat situations. Assuming you turned it on because you're under attack from something that isn't a tank, you should get the 1 kill needed to make it on par with NMG shortly thereafter. If you failed to get the kill, were tank dueling, sniping long range, or just jumping off a building, the NMG will recharge faster.

Personally the Adrenaline shield is my preferred shield. It surpasses all other shields during killstreaks. The effective health you get even from Resist Shield cannot compare to what repeatedly recharging the adrenaline shield can do. As long as you keep killing, you remain a self-restoring tank. Even if you aren't kill spreeing, a single murder is all it takes to match the NMG.
  9. Atum

I agree.
  10. UnDeaD_CyBorG

As long as you get around one kill per minute or life, Adrenaline seems to be worth more than NMG;
    After that one kill, you have the same total regen time as an equal NMG, only you get the level bonus up front.
    Obviously, that makes it pretty horrible when fighting tanks or giving covering fire.