VS: Did the Orion get smashed in the face by the nerf bat?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Trysaeder, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Trysaeder

Disclaimer: Zero field experience with it since release.

Fired about 500 shots down range and it felt really wonky to me. I know I don't have my normal attachments on (reflex and grip) but the precision and recoil recovery rate both feel like they took a HUGE hit. It jumps side to side with a high amount of first shot recoil, more than any other weapon I've tried across the three factions. At the same time the recoil recovers at a similar speed to the SAW.

I've compared Advanced Foregrip to naked on weapons before, and it certainly could not account for the differences I saw. Anyone else feel this way?

Not really related, but half the VS weapons in the Infantry Starter Bundle seem useless, compared to mostly useful weapons for the other races. CME has the slower fire rate of the r.DMR and SABR, but not the increased damage or decreased first shot recoil. Manticore kills one bullet faster than the Beamer, but is a whole lot less accurate and has a lower rate of fire. I've forgotten about the other stuff. In contrast, nearly all of the NC weapons are slightly preferable for skilled players, while the TR weapons are generally solid.
    I know the formula is long ranged rifle, short range carbine, more aggressive LMG, scout rifle, shotgun and pistol but the VS have horrible weapons in some of those categories that are probably worse than the default guns.
  2. pluton

recoil was always crazy on the orion, that's why you have to get a grip on it
  3. Erendil

Yep, the first-shot recoil on the Orion has always been a PITA (IIRC they increased it about halfway thru Beta) so your mouse recoil control skillz need to be top notch. :cool: The foregrip seems to fix this for the most part which is awesome. It also would account for your experience since the difference between grip/nogrip is greater on the Orion than most other weapons so you'd feel its absence more on the Orion.

Personally I prefer the Laser Sight over the foregrip tho. It tightens up its already-wicked CoF (well, wicked compared to the NC/TR LMGs) making it a beast up close. If I expect a long range firefight I'll equip an LSW instead. Or the Eidolon Battle Rifle, but I haven't had a chance to test that in combat yet...