VS Corvus for close-mid range?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by N1ghtFeather, Feb 13, 2014.

1. N1ghtFeather

So I have been messing around with the corvus lately, and it seems to do ok in mid-close too. Like as long as you get the drop on the person, you are fine. Does anyone else use the corvus too for close-mid?
  2. DocteurVK

I belive that it is possible. I already messed up a little with it on close, if I have to enter a building and can't change weapons...

NCs seem to do fine with low RoF weaponry on close range, and after testing the Gauss rifle by myself, it's a good gun...

For a close-range build on the corvus, I'd suggest to put a suppressor, Laser sight and no scope.

I don't think HVA would be usefull, but it could help to mitigate Suppressor effect on bullets.

The fact is, You'll have to get the jump on every ennemy you'll meet and aim for the head, because slow RoF is a killer in close range...
  3. Nakar

IRNV, Suppressor or No Barrel, Laser Sight, HVA (if you're close it won't matter). Hipfire at heads.

It can work. It's not optimal, but it's kind of interesting to try out.
  4. starlinvf

Anyone weapon becomes effective if you get the stop on someone.
    • Up x 1
  5. wuffar

I really, really like the Corvus. I think it's great all round but there's a medium-long range where it's right at home.

Up close, it's DPS isn't great but it's partly made up by the fact you can aim for and get more headshots with it.

When I do change back to my HV-45, it's shocking how much quicker the short-medium range targets go down though.
  6. Stromberg

most in my outfit seem to hate them, but I really liked the corvus/pulsar c/flare and ursa when i was using them. the left-right recoil pattern is the worst, but on these guns it's not so bad at range as say the sirius nightmare. close range dmg isn't great but you sorta get an artificial mag upgrade, because it fires slowly. you can follow fast moving targets consistently without worrying about recoil much.
    nonetheless, if an infi hacked the terminal in that enemy tower, get the hv45 ^^
  7. Dietre

if you can aim well, corvus can be very deadly at 10m. given its damage per bullet , aim for the head and they die quick. Gun is bad for killing 1v1 using hipfire.
  8. reydelchicken

As with most low RoF weapons hipfire is generally not a good idea unless the enemy is close to knife range, and instead you should focus on using ADS as much as possible.

I recommend using the following loadout with the corvus.
    • Optics of choice.
    • Compensator
    • Forward Grip
    • HVA
    Using a laser sight is not a bad idea either since the weapon doesn't have any horizontal recoil, or at least a very small amount of it.
    Another thing to keep in mind, again applies to any low RoF weapon, is that you absolutely must aim at the head in all situations. The ease of hitting headshots is what makes these weapons effective.