Vortex Changes

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Sincore, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Sincore

Hello Everyone, been playing around with the Vortex for the Max unit, and noticed a couple of changes? bugs? That have popped up on the weapon since the patch.

There seems to be a longer re-centering delay after firing a shot compared to before the patch (feels like .5-1s delay), making it much more difficult to shoot rapidly at distant targets with charge one shots.

Also because of the changes to the projectile's origins, the weapons are now less accurate than before the patch since the guns projectiles do not converge properly at your cursor. I assume this is a bug considering the following excerpt from the patch notes.

"All MAX AV weapons now originate their projectile at the eye, making them all more accurate." - PU02 Patch Notes

In my opinion I thought the weapons were fine pre-patch aside from the horrid damage to infantry, maybe revert the projectile origin changes for this one weapon or fix the convergence to coincide with the new changes.

Thanks for reading!

-Sincore
  2. Purg

Used mine yesterday, didn't seem as accurate as they once were - been a month or two since I last used them. Concur that the projectiles no long converge like they once did. It was still accurate enough to hit the majority of vehicles I was aiming at (not sure if both arms were hitting, though) but not capable of hitting infantry at range with any consistency - perhaps the reason for the change..?

Still like the weapon, preferred it the way it was, though.
  3. P149U3

yeah accuracy is not the same as i remember it
  4. MCSquard

ya used to be able to hit snipers at range with both shots before update, now not so much...........
  5. Donaldson Jones

I have no idea why they (SOE) keep messing with the Vortex as it is I have always needed my dpi reduction to aim it at range now it is worse.

The devs need to re examine WTH they did with the NC falcon that thing is chewing up infantry atm.
  6. ibaragi

I think, delete vortex, lancer's charge system and add a few wire power. That way thier change good wapons.
    Charge system no merits. Charge risk deadly down DPS and limit shoot timing. Charge merit boost Burst Damage, should be.
    Full charge shot equal single shots Three times. This result too bad. Full charge shot damage is equal five times single shots, should be.
    But now,charge shot don't have enough damage boost.So risk and merit unmatched!
    And charge system obstruct auto shot.PS1 version lancer is good wepon, but PS2 version is bad... Please, changeover charge / Full auto function.
  7. starlinvf

Charge in of itself it not useless. What the Vortex and Lancer is missing is the high Alpha usually attached to this type of weapon. So we have a moderately high Alpha damage, but not high enough to off set the charge time, resulting in an effectively low DPS.

They are specifically modeled to be a team weapon. As such, its intended to have at least 2-3 people focusing on the same target to reach the desired damage threshold.
  8. Aircool

I hardly ever use the charge on the Vortex/Lancer as by the time you've charged your weapon up, the target has disappeared or died. If there was a way you could hold the charge and fire on release, they might get a look in.

As for the moment, I hardly ever use the Vortex/Lancer, and when I do, I tend to go back and get a more suitable loadout after a minute or two.
  9. Vivicector

Vortex is a really bad weapon, the worst use of 1000 certs by me.