[BUG] Voip still not working, at all. As in, i don't even get the "Billybob is speaking" popups.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Baleur, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Baleur

Ever since the dec 07 (or whenever it was) hotfix voip has completely disappeared from my game.
    I didn't turn it off.
    I tried turning it off and on again, with relogs in between each click.
    I tried changing the audio levels.
    I went into the Squad & Friends menu and checking the audio levels of each "squad" "outfit" etc.
    I deleted my userconfig.ini and let the game regenerate a new one, didn't touch a thing in the voice menu after, didn't help.

I tried to change the voice output device (new feature in the latest patch), but it does not seem to stick.
    It defaults to .... i dont know? An empty box. I have 1 selection option called "H ".
    Quite helpful. Anyway it does not matter if i select it, changing options tab or going out of the options menu or relogging changes it back to the empty box.

I don't know what you did in the patches after release but it may have completely broken my voip, and numerous other people i've talked to ingame has the same issue, everything suddenly went quiet a week or two ago.

As a slight possible help to troubleshoot this, i must note that i did press the "Squelch all other channels" button in the Proximity tab of the voice options where you see the chat on the side. The funny thing is, there is no "Un-squelch" button so i literally had to delete my userconfig.ini to get the other channel levels back to 0.5 (i like them perfectly even).

Since then the userconfig.ini has been recreated many times so i fail to see how this has anything to do with it though, unless it alters another file that is not reverted?

A second possibility, my main output device in windows defaults to be called "Högtalare", which is swedish for "Speakers". This may be what is causing the "H " to be displayed ingame, and perhaps the game can not handle unicode characters in the output device name, perhaps it can not save this device in the config file, and as such it can not use it? I'll try renaming it and report back.

Edit: yes, i can now see all my output devices and select one correctly after renaming the main device to only use english letters. However it is 4:30am here so nobody is available to test the voip with.
  2. Baleur

Nobody else?
  3. NyaR

You are lucky bro, my voip has not worked since beta. But now you're in the same boat as me.
  4. supahitecjetfyta

did you run the mic test and playback test in game?
    mine stopped working and worked again after clicking them buttons a few times
  5. Baleur

Indeed, i tried everything. Even changing things in windows as i mentioned.
    The playback test doesnt even work, it plays the sound u recorded for a split second before cutting to silence.
  6. DailyFrankPeter

How come it works for some people?

Mine doesn't work for some time now.
  7. powerz

mine has been broken since game update 1.

so have many others, there are atleast 4 other threads about it in the tech support section and all have the same issue, 1 second of static recording on test, everyone has the same problem and there's been no official word about it, they tried adding in more sound options in update 1 and ended up breaking it. I too can select my proper output and input devices but get the same results thereafter.