Voice Chat not working right

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ThatOneElusiveSniper, Jul 28, 2015.

1. ThatOneElusiveSniper

So for two days now, voice chat has not been working properly for me. I already did a lot of research regarding this and everybody has the same problem. If you press a key to talk, your name does not show up, you can not hear anyone over voice chat, and the list of people using voice chat shows zero. Of course I did the obvious thing of enable and re-enable the voice chat which did not work. I verified game files, that did not help. I did everything suggested, but to no avail. I sent a support ticket and I am still waiting for a response.

Now, my situation is actually strange compared to other cases reported because voice chat works fine on my NC and VS characters, but not, all of a sudden on my TR character. All of them are on the same server Emerald. So, you are probably wondering, "Well how is that possible if voice chat works on the other two characters, but not on the third?" My question exactly. I even asked people on both NC and VS chat if they can hear me clearly and if my name shows up on the list, they all replied yes. However, not on the TR. Interesting enough, voice chat worked fine on my TR character several days ago and I did not touch anything on the settings. All I did was increase transmit volume a bit when people would say they would have difficulties hearing me.

Now yesterday, the voice chat did fix itself for a minute on my TR character. But proximity chat over-rided squad chat, meaning that when I pressed the Z key, it would show proximity chat, just like when pressing 4 on the number pad. I disabled and then re-enabled voice chat thinking that would fix the bug, but instead, it shut off voice chat again only on my TR character.

So yeah, what's the deal?
  2. Agentboy123

I'm not sure man I just hope that the problem gets fixed soon
  3. carnage4u

i have the exact same problem on the PS4. i can enable/disable it. I can talk just fine in PlayStation chat... but when im in planetside 2 alone i cannot ever hear proximity'squad chat. i can switch between them. i can enable/disable them, but i cannot speak/ nor hear people. this is seriouslly hindering my gameplay.

I think this is one of the most fun games i've played in a while that is trying so hard to push me away with in game bugs..
  4. ThatOneElusiveSniper

So, has this been addressed yet? I want to return to Planetside 2 to play as the TR, but without voice chat, the "fun factor" isn't there.