[Suggestion] Visible Holstered Weapons/gear

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brickwalker, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Brickwalker

Anyone else wish you could visibly see your holstered weapons/gear strapped to your back or hips like in PS1?

It really added to the "cool" factor when it came to looks for infantry IMO.

Would be cool to have it in PS2,what do you guys think?
  2. Xylogenesis

I think that the only way this would make it into the game is as an optional extra purchased for SC.

I also think the art/modelling work involved would be an inefficient investment of man-hours compared to the cash it would bring in when you compare it to techniques like tweaking the values on an existing gun and selling it as a new gun without any art/modelling work.

So I think it's unlikely that your proposed change will make it into the game.
  3. icesail

Since all the weapon models for each type of weapon for the same empire look pretty much the same, that would make modeling what is strapped to your back pretty easy.... And lets not even get started on the differences between the light and heavy handgun...
  4. Brickwalker

I think they wanted to put it in game,but couldnt make it work with the armor models,like the jet pack for example would be in the way.

Would be cool if they could pull it off though.
  5. Point

I think it would be fine if they put it to the side of our backpack, a bit like how it was in PS1. Different weapons could be in different places, like pistols on your hip, main weapons/launchers on your back.
  6. Asfo

I'd definitely love to see this in game, maybe along with a third person view ?? (like in Battlefield Heroes) It would make alot more people to purchase cosmetic stuff :)