View distance problems

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Singulari7y, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Singulari7y

I being having a lot of problems relating to the view distance lately first the infantry view distance.They can attack vehicles before the vehicles can see them and with the new lock on launchers its a real problem.I often get attacked in my mag from lock ons and i cant see the person shooting even there rockets are invisible.Some times i drive down a road and die in a few seconds cause there's 30 troops with lock on launchers a couple hundred meters from me and i cant even see them.

And the view distance has been bugged for about a month now.I play on briggs and regularly have players vanish and appear at random.Stationary Enemies even disappear and reappear while im shooting at them.It didn't bother as much before but now with the new lock ons it really effects gameplay for ground vehicles.I have no way of defending myself from people i cant see or hurt infantry just get immunity from vehicles after a certain distance.Something needs to be done about this and i understand that its not easy maintaining a mmofps and increasing infantry view distance would effect performance but this is a major problem and should be at the top of the devs priority list.Please fix this asp