[Video] TRAM The Defense of Scarred Mesa Skydock

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cowabunga, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Styrimadr

Nice video. What's the soundtrack?
  2. Cowabunga

1: Blue Foundation - Eyes on Fire.
    2: Homeworld Soundtrack - Turanic Raiders Battle Music.
    3: Warhammer 40k - Space Marine - Orc March.
    4: Homeworld 2 Soundtrack - Battle 04.
    • Up x 1
  3. Dravy

Regardleess of anything else, it is a cool gameplay video. I think it captures the large battles of PS2 better than any SOE promotional vid, even without many tanks.
    • Up x 1
  4. FuelledByRage

43 Days Played. Forever alone.
  5. Cowabunga

I guess he's pretty awesome being able to defend Scarred Mesa alone against 300 enemies. :)
  6. Wecomeinpeace

The whole easter weekend defending indar was mindblowing and the most fun experience i had in PS2 so far (in nearly one year), and was in fact one of the most intense experiences in a FPS i ever had (without going into detail, believe me, that is saying something). Stuff like Spec Ops or the battle for Scarred Mesa Skydock was exactly what i was looking for in this game when it comes to the action. All three "last stands" i took part in that weekend (scarred mesa, spec ops and the crown) were big time fun.

And i would have loved it exactly the same as attacker because the game finally had a meaning that weekend, plus some good numbers of soldiers.

To all the people slinging insults at each other here (regardless of faction); Seriously, grow some balls lol. It's a friggin' game and the rage on display here makes me wonder why you are even playing this game. Need a hug or something?
    • Up x 3
  7. AdennTM

Was a great weekend, especially the last stand at spec ops.
  8. Codeak

9. Cowabunga

Cool story bro. :)
  10. Codeak

thanks
  11. Rayden78

Looked like much fun ;)

Well at least they were intelligent enough to pick the easiest base to defend.
  12. LibertyRevolution

I know when I see Codeak's lib/max, I go the other way, I don't have that much of a death wish..
    Even now Cajual is still my top killer, and codeak ain't far behind at #4.
  13. Shinrah

Nice video and all, but honestly why do people still post Skydock defenses? It requires virtually 0 organization of any kind to defend it aslong as you have enough bodies.

If you want to show how awesome TRAM is, this isn´t the way to do it. I´m sure you guys can do some tactically more advanced operations that are worth showing off.

With posts like that everyone just gets the feeling that TR has some inbred need to brag about non-accomplishments. All that doesn´t exactly paint a good image of your Alliance and TR on Miller in general.

PS: This is also a late reply to all the "we captured Indar" threads by TR, we had to suffer through.
  14. Cowabunga

I make these videos on my own. I make them with the footages I gather from events. This was holding Indars continental lock. We ended up capping Scarred Mesa in the last second and holding it. This video is only for community purposes only. We as TR miller like TRAM and frankly. Haters gonna hate. This does not try to show off any tactical superiority other than the community sticking together and growing. If you don't like it I dont care, I'm sure most of the TRAM members don't either.

PS: Reason it was late, was because I just finished the video yesterday and didn't have time to edit it. It was recorded in easter.
  15. Hovis

The good stuff the TR did during that weekend wasn't defending broken bases, it was breaking out. People will remember the crappy lagfests and the broken bases, but the TR held their own that weekend because they moved fast, in force. You can usually tell when you've beaten a faction, they hunker down, put their gloves up, try to hang in there. TR kept swinging those big airborne counter punches.

Realistically though, you put everybody in the Skydock or the Spec Ops whatnot, you're sorted. It's a spawn to control point design issue, if the enemy -have- to go past the spawn point to get to the control point, then they won't be able to win, not with equal numbers and especially if it's laggy.

At a very brutal, simplistic level, capturing things in a big Planetside battle is all about getting your spawn point closer to the target than the enemy spawn point is.
  16. Akaan

The feat is obviously nothing to write home about. A vegetable could successfully defend Skydock or cap Indar in the middle of the night.

That being said, I enjoyed the video. Some nice cinematography and matching music. Occasional TS voices were a bit annoying though. 6/10
  17. Deltafoxnine

Nice video man! And btw.
    [IMG]
  18. MajorZbug

Stop arguing with the haters mate, you're just losing your time. Don't tell them we didn't have Scarred Mesa at the beginning of the evening, that we had to go through Tawrich to get it back, holding Spec Ops as our last territory and losing it 10 secs after Tawrich flipped. Don't tell them on the next day we made a rush to the Crown from Tawrich to save the lock again while we had both NC and VS on our backs. Haters will just disregard facts anyway.

So straight the point : great video, great camera work and soundtrack, it's capturing some very fond collective memories. Long live TRAM.

Also : there ARE ways to take a fully defended Scarred Mesa. And we're ready to use them, after next warpgate rotation.
  19. Geronimo

Really liked the editing, great video mate!
  20. EnviousCipher

"We're about to be warpgated, lets go to Feldspar canyon"

Said no one. Ever. Seriously you people laud the application of "tactics" and "strategy", yet once you identify a very defensible position and use that as the base of your last stand, its suddenly a "bad" tactic because you got blown out of the sky?

May i remind you all that NC and VS BOTH have had that area of the map as their main base and BOTH have had the opportunity to use it?

Christ its a ******* waterfall of tears in here.
    • Up x 2