[Video] [Suggestion] Regarding Dark nights

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by gzero, Oct 26, 2013.

1. gzero

First off THANK YOU Sony for coming around a second time after the first dev post to tell us that you are adding it in.
    However there is still something that bugs most of us, the fact that dark nights is still an asthetic.
    anyone can easily turn up their gamma or set their settings to low (suprisingly medium is actually darker than high settings)

As you can see, there is still no need for flashlights on either settings.
    The optimization for AMD users such as myself breathes new life into the game and has boosted my fps from 20 to 45 fps. I suggest after the optimizations you guys modify the settings so low settings doesn't give you so much of an edge and nights are hopefully darker. TL;DR Nights need to be darker to affect gameplay more, then flashlights come into play.
    • Up x 3
  2. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I suggest just adding a black Fog of War to slowly fade in after 30 or so meters to make the gamma less of an issue.
    It admittedly has less of an effect on flashlights.
  3. rovad

Too dark nights will give VS an obvious huge advantage and in a massive game like this it's not something you should be messing with.

I'm OK with darker nights so long as everybody gets less visible. Currently, darker nights would basically give every Vanu an infinite cloak suit while TR and especially NC will be glowing in the darkness like Christmas lamps...
  4. DeadliestMoon

How is this still a thing people want?
  5. doombro

Flashlights don't even display on low settings. They'd have to fix that first.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jac70

Advantage at night, disadvantage during the day.
  7. Oconnell

Not really. During day all three factions' players are easily spottable, VS doesn't have any disadvantage there. Blue/red aren't very difficult colors to notice during daylight.
  8. Jac70

Wrong - dark colours are easier to see against light backgrounds. You canna change the laws of physX captain.
  9. Oconnell

So what's your point? The blue and red on TR and NC aren't light colors, and those are the ones I was mentioning so I had no intention in changing the laws of physics (PhysX rlly?).
  10. fallenvash

For those calling out Vanu being OP at night, may I suggest that we give vanu back the right and proper colors then? I greatly miss the shiny purple and cyan armor of PS1. Oh so shiny, reminds me of some of those iridescent beetle shells.

[IMG]
  11. Regpuppy

Pretty sure his point is that both TR and NC have a combination of dark or semi-dark colors mixed with bright ones. Meaning they get the worst of both words. Neon yellow and bright red assure they're easy to spot at night and black/blue mean easy enough to spot during the day, though frankly because of how eyes work. Just about anything is easily to see during the day. Because contrasts in color during the day are easier for the human eye to notice.

We should just stop beating around the bush and make Vanu's official secondary color silver. :p
    • Up x 1