[Video] Scopes for the commissioner and underboss

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Matti, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Matti

Hi all!

I just made a short video showing some of the scopes for the two pistols
    that now have scopes ready for testing on PTS. I hope there will be some
    additional feedback coming with this video.

• Up x 2
  2. Raveboy

Size of the scopes need to be smaller i think..its too big n make the Commisioner a bit ugly
  3. breeje

hs/nv scope would be nice to have on the commissioner
    • Up x 1
  4. K2k4

aww no 3.4x I was hoping for a poor man's SASR for stalker infiltrating.
    • Up x 1
  5. REZistance

Are there scopes for the ES pistols, or just the Underboss and Commish?

It seems strange to me that SOE would be trying to make these two guns better than they already are by adding scopes to them given how ubiquitous they are in game right now. Practically everyone uses the Commish as it is.
    • Up x 1
  6. eldarfalcongravtank

this was EXACTLY my initial reaction as well. it's not like the Commissioner/Underboss are underpowered, why do they deserve scopes and other pistols don't? really strange decision on SOE's parto_O
  7. BlueSkies

Because they are the NS guns. So, they make the NS scopes work on them and EVERYONE can use them. This will allow them a chance to see how popular it is to put a scope on your pistol. If lots of people put scopes on their pistols, they can then justify the work to put scopes on ES pistols. If lots of people DON'T scope up their pistols, no need to bother.

Disclaimer: just my theory
  8. REZistance

A straightforward theory indeed, except scopes aren't going to work on the ES guns, or rather, they will be next to useless because of the damage drop off (unless it's just a 1x with a dot that you want, then obviously distance doesn't matter). The Underboss and Commish hold their strength at distance.. not so for the ES pistols. You can tell I'm assuming there will be more than just 1x and 2x.. though odds are I'm wrong about that.

My questioning the reasoning for scopes on the NS pistols didn't come from a desire to have scopes on all pistols, I just didn't understand why SOE would be doing things to make the most used sidearms in the game even better, therefore possibly causing people to use the ES ones even less. I don't think small magnification scopes on the ES pistols is going to get anyone using them any more than they do now. What could be done is to give the scopes to the ES pistols only thereby giving a touch more incentive to use them instead of the NS ones in hopes of spreading out the usage of different pistol types.

And if a Dev is reading this - PLEASE ADD THE HEAT MECHANIC TO THE IMMORTAL DIRECTIVE PISTOL (sorry for the caps, I just really want to see this happen :oops:)
  9. Gamingroach

Been waiting a long time for NS Revolver sidearms to get attachable sights in hopes of having a pocket Battlerifle when I'm out of primary ammo. I've tried them in Test Server yesterday and love em. Was hoping the NS-44 Commissioner would get a 3.4x but 2x seems alright as is; personally prefer a 1x red dot on both guns after testing them in VR in favor of maximum dexterity in CQC and 2x for ranged engagements.

I'd like to see Empire specific sidearms to have access to sights as well. Can't complain with the extra needed ADS accuracy with the new revised truly centered sights. Finally good to see those Picatinny Rails on pistols aren't for looks anymore :)
  10. Nerazim

Wait, you can ADS with the Underboss? o_O
  11. Gamingroach

Not everyone uses a laser sight. With Stalkers lurking every corner now and then, I use flashlights nearly fulltime on all my sidearms.
    Having attachable sights is a bonus for a scope + flashlight combo to compensate the need of a laser sight.