Video Recording Options?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hot Pockets, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Hot Pockets

Hi guys-
    just a few quick questions.
    As I'm maturing and growing as a player, and some of my gameplay is actually becoming good, I'm starting to become interested in recording it. I am aware that there is an ingame recorder, but based on both what I've heard about it and videos I've seen using it, the quality doesn't appear to be very good.
    What recording software would you recommend using?
    I'd prefer to get a free one, I doubt I'd have the motivation or ability to put up cash.

Additionally, as of now, I'm running ps2 on a gtx 670 and get 60+ fps in large biolab battles. How much would a recorder reduce my fps? I'd prefer to record in ultra as it looks soooo much better than high. :p

Comments/advice would be much appreciated!
    Hoping to see you on the battlefields of auraxis.
  2. Gheeta

3. Bulltahr

Wrel has a good video on the subject.
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

I happened to snag a free Bandicam license a long time ago. It's quite a solid program and has a much smaller footprint than fraps or some other popular recording tools.
  5. Calisai

Personally, I use OBS and record to a local directory instead of to a stream. I have a separate HD for recording video to (pretty quick write speeds) while using a SSD for my game drive.

Works pretty good, and i'm able to get pretty nice quality (you can check out my vids listed in my signature for example of video quality)

Or here, if you not logged in (make sure to pick the HD version to view the actual quality uploaded):
    Youtube Playlist
  6. Hot Pockets

Great thanks for the info guys!
    Nvidia shadow play sounds pretty good.