[Video] Pump Action Shotgun Slugs

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Iridar51, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Iridar51

Well I wouldn't call it that bad. Hip firing without laser sights is impossible, but shotguns still have 75% ADS, so with 1x reflex it's entirely possible and convenient to ADS and fire a target while moving to dodge incoming fire. I'd argue pump action shotguns do that better than most automatics in the game due to 75% ADS.

It's when you're confronted with someone with 75% ADS as well you're screwed :)

I still recommend using PA Slugs with laser. This is the absolute accuracy weapon. If you're confronted with an enemy, and you can't escape, you won't have enough time to fire off more than 4 rounds anyway.

As LA, we really should strive to control the number of targets we're engaging. And remember the effective range is only 20-22m. Within that range poor accuracy shouldn't give you much trouble.
  2. Nehlis

Surgical as all hell.
  3. Verviedi

You're not very nice. You didn't listen to that heavy when he said "LOL I WIN"
  4. Iridar51

You mean the HA who got me in the end? He killed me not because of the IWIN shield, just because I overextend like hell. So there was no reason for him to be "LOL I WIN", therefore nothing to listen to.
  5. Verviedi

I am referring to the heavies in the start, who activated IWIN shields and still died horribly.
  6. Iridar51

Oh, now I get what you said.
    To be honest, I don't get why it didn't work. A headshot with a pump action slug does 1200 damage, enough to survive even with partially charged NMG.

I've heard a rumor that single high damage sources go through the resist shield, but he was clearly using the NMG.
  7. DocteurVK

What if I told you that I countersniped people with Slugs (prior the nerf) ?

Of course, they were not moving enough to dodge (given the slow velocity) but I think it could become a little too OP
  8. vanu123

The slugs were so slow to begin with, it is on them for not positioning better.
  9. CorporalClegg

No drop slugs was a pretty nice feature; i was able to use it to good effect. I dunno about overpowered, but if it were still around I know I'd be exploiting the **** out of advanced targeting implant+slugs on a faraway perch.