[BUG] [Video] Problem with Flak?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tobax, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Tobax

I've been using Flak on and off since launch and more over the last week and I've not seen any real bugs or problems with it as it seems to do what its meant to, to be clear I mean how it works not damage (I'm not going into buff/nerf). However several times tonight I had the same problem using the bursters because of how the flak was behaving so I made just a short video to show it what I mean:

Now while I miss a few shots the video is clear enough to show that the flak is exploding in proximity to the aircraft, however most of the time I'm not getting a hit indicator for it and even when I do get hit indicators you can see the end result which seems to be 0 damage taken by the aircraft.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    There is possibly a bigger issue that everyone seems to say different things about flak strength, some say too strong and same say too weak but if its not even acting as it should in the first place it becomes pretty hard to balance.
  2. Tobax

Before anyone says it I'm ruling it out being a hacker as that's an over blown issue with the amount actually doing it being tiny and the lack of hit indicator on my screen makes it seem more likely to be a bug.
  3. Xale

As discussed earlier, not the first time this has been an issue. No idea if its returned though - no formal testings been done.
    (The video above is a several months old beta clip)
  4. Tobax

So possibly an old bug re-added but becomes hard for players to judge the balance of flak if shots aren't registering or doing damage.

Has anyone else had problems with this? (over 40 of you have read the thread so try actually replying)
  5. ArenSteele

I have not noticed this, my dual burster MAX has been pretty effective at Melting aircraft, especially when my platoon pops 6-8 of them somewhere, but my hits constantly register. Occasionally I can't hit one, but I chalk it up to bad aim. If the aircraft is hovering or coming straight at me, I haven't missed to my knowledge yet.
  6. Deadeye

Got this bug several times today. It's annoying seeing a fighter hover 50 feet from you and yet your burster can do nothing. I don't know if it's lag or what, but this bug needs to be squashed Yesterday.