[Video] Planetside 2 - MAX - 61 kills in 18 minutes while Platoon leading

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Matti, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Burevestnik

I'm not saying that you can't lead Matti. Just that you aren't in that video.

But go on, you cought my curiosity by calling me stupid. Tell me what tactical decisions within the hex have you made and how have you relayed them through to the pubs. I don't see a single platoon/squad marker in the area. I know for a fact that you have in game VOIP/Comms turned off and that you almost never bother actually writing anything in the platoon chat either.

I can't deny that you're in platoon leader role though. Technically you are, effectively you're not. Thus it's completely missleading to state that you're platoon leading and wrecking in 60 kills in 20min with the Ee-z mode Max. You're not. Your farming with a max unit in a middle of a zerg as usual. You could be platoon leading this way while dogfighting in an ESF too with no detriment to your performance.
  2. Matti

Lol!

Every time you state things you know nothing about is so funny =)

I do not have the ingame VOIP off, only proximity. I use Platoon VOIP to talk to the pubs while I'm
    on ts with my Outfit.

I'm glad you didn't take offence to much about me calling you stupid though but if you want people
    to not call you that in the future, stop saying stupid things.

But hey, people struggeling with their aim normally say what you say trying
    to make whatever they/you do seem more important.

Why don't you UL something yourself and show me what ever it is you think
    I'm lacking =)
  3. Burevestnik

Fair enough. Accusations of things i can't confirm or reliably prove to the public here aren't the way to go. So i'll reiterate my previous questions instead.

What was the short term goals, what were the long term ones?. What tactical decisions did you take to achieve victory within the hex and how many troops were available to you?. Who fallowed orders and who didn't?.

You can hear ts3 all throughout this video. The guy talking over squad chat at 3 minutes mark is clearly muted though and this is the same experiance i ran into playing on your platoon as a pocket engineer for your farm max. With your reply being something in the lines of "Sorry, my in game voice comms are muted". To claim now that they aren't is a tad bit dishonest unless something changed. In last week and a half.
  4. stalkish

Whenever i watch one of these farming vids im always gobsmacked by the amount of oblivious people playing. Is it just that my server doesnt have these people or is it that i cant find the mass of players with no awareness?
    You were fighting VS and not a single lancer hit, id say it was the VS's poor descision making and overall poor performance that enabled a farm like that, more so than the max being OP anyways. I killed 4 prowlers the other day, flanked and hit their rears, not a single 1 turned round to see what was hitting them, does that mean the lightning is OP now? i rekon it means those TR had a bad day.
    • Up x 2
  5. oherror

I agree. Zergy people are where you get the boat loads of kills. They just run in like lemmings.
  6. Matti

What server do you play on and can you show me some gameplay from it?
  7. Matti

This is not a Platoon lead video but a new one is up that covers that a bit more
  8. stalkish

Miller....same server as mattiace....
    My point was your enemy were playing poorly, the max isnt OP. I dont make vids of the game but im sure you have enough footage yourself, also utube has a whole lot more (i assume it does anyways, searching for PS2 vids is booooooring to say the least, its like watching downhill MTB, not realy that fun, but doing it is a hell of alot of fun).
  9. Matti

Lol, all you need to do is kill them fast enough. It's easy with a MAX and I could UL
    the same thing every day from every server. I'm not going to upgrade another MAX though
  10. oherror

Here is a thought if you think that maxes are easy mode like your video suggests. You can see in it the enemy has practically no situational awareness. Stop playing as a max and go heavy assault give the poor zerg a chance.
  11. stalkish

Nar its all the MAX, the enemy wasnt playing poorly and matti isnt a good player he is a noob, the MAX is just OP as f**k and needs to be nerfed to the point where its armour is tissue paper and its weapons fire bbs.

This is why i hate all these youtube fanboys, theyl believe anything their youtube god tells them and it just spreads mis-information. It is the reason we have such a problem with the 4th faction, these video makers post their own opinion and call it fact, the fanboys listen and hop factions to get a taste of the pie.
  12. Purg

Let me guess.

This is a MAX is OP, real skilled people should be using ESF even though they're always getting nerfed video?

It's a broken, monotone record. If you don't favor my play style then I get to call you a skilless noob and belittle you for it.
    • Up x 2
  13. Matti

Oh sry, I must have hurt your feelings
  14. Meliorist

Here's my opinion about maxes as someone who spends a lot of time in an NC max suit: reduce cost to 250 resources; if max gets revived, he spawns as the class and with the loadout he had when he pulled a max suit from the terminal. You die you lose your suit.

There you go, balanced.

Alternatively keep the 350 resource cost and make reviving a max take a hell of a lot longer.
  15. Purg

Don't give yourself so much credit. Your videos are self-serving and almost always complain about how ESF's are too weak or their counters too strong (usually during a montage of you wiping the floor with countless enemy in one) or how MAX are OP while you despatch singular low skilled enemy trying to take you on.

I find your delivery to be a dull monotone that's irritating to listen to. I used to watch your videos with the sound down but now I just don't bother since your message seems to always be the same which essentially boils down to.. 'I'm skilled, PS2 is pandering to the less skilled, waaaaah' so you can come on the forums, poke fun at other people's preferred play style and challenge them to a standoff.
    • Up x 1
  16. Alox

MAX units requires support to keep going. The only thing I can imagine should be changed is the engineers getting some bonus XP for all the kills the MAX is collecting in when supported.
    • Up x 1