[Video] Phoenix Launcher Highlight Reel in HD

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname82, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Badname82

Or alternately, for the haters, the lowlight reel. Play with volume for maximum enjoyment/hatred.

This is not a balance movie or trying to make any other point other than how much fun it can be to troll people with this Phoenix launcher.

• Up x 1
  2. Shockwave44

This music is so original it hurts.
  3. BeefySleet

inb4 NC come in and try and defend this nonsense and try and argue that its balanced.
  4. Zaik

in after mad tr that got annihilator 2 complain again?
  5. Armchair

Did you watch the vid? He killed a bunch of targets that were mostly immobile and already heavily damaged. How is that OP?

Is there some kind of treaty I'm not aware of that I'm violating. Is it a war crime every time I kill a combat medic? There was nothing OP in the slightest about that vid.

It might as well have been a vid of some guy pressing a C4 detonator over and over where some target is killed offscreen.
  6. BeefySleet

So the fact he can be behind a mountain, safely out of LoS and kill targets who can't even see his missile because it only renders 15% of the time is balanced? Even though they don't have to put themselves in any danger or line of fire? How can you argue that IS balanced? And he didn't kill just stationary targets, plenty were running/fighting other enemies.

NC continue to prove themselves to be the joke faction of the game with their terrible flawgic.
  7. skeeter1337

what i say is wait for it ,wait for it, BOOM , then i giggle:D
  8. HadesR

For 99.9% of those kills he was out in the Open and could have easily been taken out by a sniper
  9. BeefySleet

He was in a building, or behind a mountain/hill for most of them. He was out of LoS of where the attacking force was.

Not to mention your argument is "could" have been sniped... yet he wasn't... for any of those. Theory and Practical are two different things. In theory he could have, yes, but in practical application is rarely ever happens.
  10. Armchair

A man pressing a C4 detonator over and over is also out of LoS and can kill targets that he can't even see.

AP mines require no effort on my part to score kills.

I can bounce grenades around corners without exposing myself to danger.

A lancer can strike targets from beyond render distance.

Most videos (OP included) are just the successful moments. Hell, OP was explicit that this was just highlights. I can make a vid with hundreds of 1-hit-kill sniper headshots or me killing tons of MBT's with a flash. I'll just edit out all the times I miss, get killed, or otherwise fail to kill the target.

There is no balance problem. You're just mad.
  11. MorteDeAmgelis

Welcome to the world of Tankers. Not nice is it? Didn't think so.
  12. BeefySleet

Please, keep grasping at straws, desperately trying to justify your OP weapons. It's amusing.

What's your point?
  13. MorteDeAmgelis

Just that most people don't seem to care about the fact that Tanks can't see the Misslies some of the time while when it the Infantry that are getting invisible projectiles everyone's in uproar.

Just funny thats all.
  14. GalacticBulge

Ugh.

There's nothing wrong with the Phoenix. It's damn annoying for sure, but nothing wrong with it. Easily countered, just look for the pretty blue orb and move away or if you're feeling lucky try to shoot it down. I realize sometimes it doesn't render but I doubt that's the fault of the weapon itself and doesn't change it's core functionality.

Full disclosure: I'm 100% VS and loved the video. Funny stuff and those targets got what was coming to them.
  15. skeeter1337

16. skeeter1337

http://4.bp.************/-0YK_oiAXw-M/TZIt0pndVrI/AAAAAAAAE0Y/uDKgtcTvc9I/s1600/man-up.jpg
  17. Tekuila

Hey, some of us just wanted it to be dumb fire.
  18. Badname82

Pretty much 1000 times this. I should have put in blooper reels of the many, many, many failed attempts.

Did the trolls miss that scene with the galaxy and countless scythes and I only got ONE....ONE kill shot? Either failed shots by inches (the camera is not lined up well) or in three different cases the target got nailed by someone else moments before I landed the shot.

I mean come on...this is all implicit. A few trick shots and mostly easy kills on nubs standing in the open or running away, thinking they were safe. I mean check out the level of the kills...it is in HD so you can see it.

What the haters really hate is the fact it is FUN.
  19. Zaik

yeah, and I don't really disagree, though it probably couldn't dumb fire like it normal fires considering how the other two work vs. infantry now. that guy's just bad though.
  20. Bloodskull

And this is the reason you should never post anything where you are successful in the game. Nerf cries will ensue.