[Video] PDW vs Blitz. Whats your fave SMG and how u play it ?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Nolyzzlel, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Nolyzzlel

Here I have some PDW and Blitz gameplays where I'm infiltrating the enemys the most time. Which one do u prefer ?
  2. Jawarisin

Pref: <3 Cyclone <3
    I find both PDW and blitz too weak, they just don't compare :/
    • Up x 1
  3. Nolyzzlel

I also have the cyklon played on aurax and maybe there'll come a viedeo for it. But we already had the discussion that the Blitz is much more effective in CQC then the cyclon.
  4. Moz

The cyclone is the best if you can score many headshots, otherwise the Blitz is the one for you.

I personally prefer the Blitz, I aurax the Cyclone first of the SMGs then went to blitz thinking it would be as lethal. I was very VERY wrong.
  5. Nolyzzlel

Ye I think I'll upload a vid with the cyclon aswell. I'ts a nice smg and a mini anchor with it's 167 damage ^^ I also play it on heavy but with infiltrator it's lot more fun.
  6. Jawarisin

wrong
    • Up x 2
  7. Nolyzzlel

8. Epicstrat

I despise the Blitz. It feels like a marshmallow gun to me and I think I need to use too much of the magazine to kill one enemy. I stick to the NS-7/ MKV and occasionally the cyclone. Really though, I prefer a scout rifle over any of the SMGs.
    • Up x 1
  9. Jawarisin

What I see is two extremely good and experienced players saying the cyclone is better. And one guy defending the blitz with only half the stats. Not accounting for the bloom etc etc. So it's 2v1, and for that matter, 2 extremely good, and recognized good players vs 1 person I don't even know after spending lots of time on the forum.

Cyclone>Blitz. Non-negociable
  10. cruczi

Is that how you decide what's true and what's not? By pitting the numbers of supporters for each position against each other? I should hope not...

What you're supposed to do is to look at is the arguments in favor and against, and judge them on their own merits, regardless of who makes them or how many people are supporting them. The other way lies the path to blind worship of "authority".

The people who were in favor of the Cyclone in the linked thread couldn't tell me why I was wrong, they only had one thing to say in the end: it's their opinion. Mustarde respectfully agreed to disagree, stating he preferred the marginally faster TTK over the versatility and consistency endowed by higher damage per magazine and higher RoF. Your opinion doesn't even compare:

That's cute. Just because you say so doesn't make it so.
    • Up x 1
  11. Kociboss

Cyclone is the best smg in the game.

Imo.
  12. Nolyzzlel

I really like how u explain your opinion every time and discuss very well. I don't see any BIG difference between the cyclon and the Blitz but thats just my playstyle..
  13. TeknoBug

Cyclone > Eridani > rest of SMG's.

guess I'm wrong too right?
    • Up x 1
  14. Nolyzzlel

meh
  15. Kociboss

yeh
  16. Mustarde

This is definitely an agree to disagree type of debate. Let's just get our farm on :)
    • Up x 1
  17. cruczi

It depends on what you mean.

Case 1: "for me, Cyclone > Eridani > rest of SMG's"
    Sure, no one can contest your preference, although it's still possible that your personal stats disagree. I'm not saying they do, I'm saying it's possible for one to prefer weapon A over weapon B even if one had better performance with weapon B.

Case 2: "for everyone..."
    Wrong. There is almost certainly at least one player who does worse with Cyclone than some other SMG, or for whom Eridani is worse than an SMG that isn't Cyclone.

Case 3: "in every scenario, on average..."
    Wrong. There are situations where the damage per magazine will be fatal with the Cyclone, and especially with Eridani, but not with any of the 50 rounds per mag SMG's. Just one example.

Case 4: "on average across all scenarios..."
    Possibly true, haven't checked. Not sure if there is sufficient data available.
  18. Jawarisin

Is that how you get your facts? Only getting the half you want? I hope not...
    Here for you:
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item/27000
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item/27001
    The only thing the blitz is better at is killing vehicle. Guess that settles it?

Cyclone > Blitz. Non-Negociable :3
  19. cruczi

Copying your opponent's way of argumenting only means you concede that your opponent is better at it, and therefore worth copying.

And no, I didn't get just the half that I want. I've never claimed the Blitz has better TTK, have I? My point has been quite simply that Blitz's magazine size and RoF make it a more reliable choice in CQC.

These stats reflect the performance at all ranges, not just in CQC. In addition, TTK numbers only apply when you actually get the kill - killing one opponent faster is all fine and dandy but you're left licking your fingers when your mag runs out against the next opponent.

Keep guessin'

You're about as convincing as a bag of jelly
  20. Jawarisin

Or a masterful use of irony.

Stats on DasAnfall just said everything. It's better overall for everybody.