[Video] Maximum Damage Vol. I

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AccelPrime, Jan 21, 2014.

1. AccelPrime

Hope ya enjoy :)!
    • Up x 7
  2. Emeere

As much as it is an interesting video, doesn't it kind of point out how badly MAXs shatter the flow of infantry gameplay?
    • Up x 8
  3. Vinakis

I wish I could find that many clueless infantry in large clusters while stomping around in a MAX :eek:
    • Up x 2
  4. DeadlyShoe

that's what MAXs are *supposed* to do.
    • Up x 3
  5. AccelPrime

Well, there's a lot more to it. To be blunt, i'm a pretty good player. And I happen to be particularly good at using my MAX, i've even got a little mini-tage coming up soon with me going 1v1 against NC MAXes at 1-10m and pretty much destroying them with good movement, positioning & some luck :p.

In several of these clips I make use of the walls of enemy infantry, and actually use them as meat shields, while mowing down their buddies. Not only does that allow me to stay longer in extremely hot areas, it also allows me to choose my targets more precisely. You may notice that I always go for heavies first, then move onto medics, and once those two classes are gone I just mow down anything in sight. If there are enemy MAX units I always go for engineers, as they're the power source of this class.

Another thing is that the MAX really doesn't have anything else going for it. It's a killing machine that in nearly all situations relies on team mates, which is a good thing. Team play should always be encouraged and promoted, and the MAX does this well. I however have began trying to solo more, with some success as you might see, but i'd also say that's thanks to my personal player skill, as I do not see many others pulling this stuff off without having a pocket engineer or two. Furthermore, the MAX doesn't have many options, we only have two weapons and extra health. No grenades, no C4s, no rocket launchers, no jump jets, no revive tools, no nothing :confused:. The MAX is balanced because of its lack of abilities, but luckily it excels at what it's designed for, and that's pushing enemy troops back.

Whew, that turned out to be a wall o' text.
  6. Surmise

the video is boring, sorry, watching only MAX gameplay is raeping my brain activity, nothing amazing, just holding left mouse button whole vid with mediocre aim, only MAX video that was 'interesting' was Glorin's one on twitch and even that is boring after 1min
  7. TheFamilyGhost

It is impossible for maxes to break up infantry play. Maxes are infantry, and thus are part of infantry play.

That was quite a video. Those guys were clueless.
    • Up x 2
  8. AccelPrime

Well, if you don't like MAX videos i'm not sure why you would watch this one...:confused:

I always get people telling me the guys I fight are clueless, it's hard to seperate obliviousness from skill ;).
  9. Pie Chasm

Well it is a boring MAX video, but at least it wasn't dubstep.

Therefore it was very good.
  10. LonelyTerran

Holy sht
    80+FPS or what?
    Smooth as silk
  11. Liberty

Sorry mate, you picked a real server where even the medicore heavies know to rocket primary MAXes as soon as one shows up and every medic (and 60% of LA's) carry C4. Take heart in knowing while you won't often find clumps of infantry like this (maybe on rare occasion) you are likely a much better player because of it.
    • Up x 3
  12. Scienta

The subtleties of MAX gameplay are much more interesting than anything regular infantry play can cook up.
  13. Akeita

So you are using kinetic?
  14. AccelPrime

I always run the game at 60 FPS, whether it's in a 48v48 Bio Lab or a small 12v12 outpost. I've turned down my graphics a lot as I prefer frames over pretty scenery in my games :D!

Woo, a server elitist has arrived.

Thank you :p!
    • Up x 1
  15. Liberty

Take from it what you will, I'm just telling the guy why he won't [often] find this kind of killstreak on Mattherson because even the bad (read farmable) outfits known enough to rocket primary or C4 and they aren't shy about killing half a dozen teammates to do it.
    • Up x 2
  16. Tekuila

Really how did you not get instantly plowed down by heavies toting rockets lol. On my max I can't so much as show my face for a second without 5 rockets flying at it. :(
  17. DeadlyShoe

You only get plowed down by rockets quickly if they are expecting a MAX. It is rare for HAs to have rockets already out in a regular infantry fight.

Most MAX play involves being the armored front of a group push, but the classic MAX crash has always relied on shock and speed more than anything.
  18. AccelPrime

You won't often find the opportunity to pull this off on Ceres either, and even if you do you've gotta have the skill to back it up. I've already replied in how I was able to do the things I did, which involved numerous tactics & strategies combined. I did however get c4ed & rocketed several times in the video, I managed to dodge most of them though.

This, pretty much. ;)
  19. Sock

And tanks are just big infantry with wheels.
    • Up x 5
  20. Nerovox

You say that like its a bad thing. Hate to break it to you, but the flow of infantry being shattered is not worth anything to get upset about in PS2.