[Video] Light Assault - Elite Battle Tactics

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NyaR, Feb 22, 2013.

1. NyaR

• Up x 1
  2. Rolfski

Assaulting a base on your own I wouldn't exactly call "Elite Battle Tactics". How about Advanced Show-off Suicides?
    • Up x 2
  3. NyaR

On my own? More like leading the assault, inserting behind battle lines, and terminating entrenched enemy positions. Squad beacon behind me, ally forces pushing up slowly from the north but encountering resistance from enemies in the two buildings - flanking them allows ally forces to advance and splits enemy attention from one front to multiple fronts.

In either case I called this tactics, not strategy, so why do you remark on strategy?
  4. GoldenAxe

Sorry, but this vid really doesnt deserve a own thread. You killed 2 guys and a max... nothin special.
    I cant see the "elite battletactics". The vid is just a minute long and tactics not existant.
    • Up x 2
  5. Otleaz

And then you realize the "assault" you were leading was really just a Zerg ten times bigger than the defenders that will completely disperse once they find proper opposition because they don't give a **** if this base that means absolutely nothing gets taken by the enemies.

Fun!
  6. Themanwithaplan

You expect praise for being an arrogant bastard?
  7. Rolfski

I never mentioned strategy, did I? Anyway, non of that " elite tactics" stuff you're talking about is shown in that video, you just kill a couple of guys.
  8. S1eB

Lol at all the hate in this thread over a vid :D

At least he didn't bunnyhop all over the place like most LA players.
  9. NyaR

Are you suggesting that throwing a c4, luring a max into it, timing how long it would take the max to get there and blowing up the c4 perfectly without visual cues of his location, while juggling an infantry kill between that, is completely non elite and a standard tactical maneuver of every standard player?

I'm using skills from multiple games, putting them into video, only to have some BR16 [666] Zergling with a 0.31 KD ratio tell me it isn't elite.

Stop sipping haterade and learn something from the video, son.
  10. Raichu

whats with all the hate?

People...
  11. AbortedMan

What do you want from a post/video like this?

I want you in my mouth, NyaR. All 14 throbbing inches of you.

Happy now?
  12. Imnuktam

Think people expected more killing. I get around 7 in this vid and I only posted it on youtube because my buddy wanted to see why I always end up killing everyone when we are together on foot hehe. We get out and head into base to kill at 3:30

If I were wanting to start a thread and show some off, I would use one of the ones saved in my folders where I get at least 10+ kills before dying. As is I havent ever bothered posting any of them to youtube, since it takes forever and im too old and lazy lol.

People are just hatin because they probably expected a crazy run of 15+ kills.
  13. Rolfski

Dude, if you call this elite PS2 tactics, you really, really have no idea what you are talking about. Take out 2 guys on YouTube is called luck in this game. Consistently taking out 25 plus in one go in different situations might qualify you for skill at some point but still, that has nothing to do with tactics.

And if you really think that kill farming statistics (of some alt character) on a leader board defines the length of your pennis, I suggest you wait until you've become 18 before further playing this game.

There's no hate here. Just don't expect people to hallelujah you for this, especially when your reason for posting here is to obviously brag and seek conformation how great you are.
  14. KRE8R125

There is nothing to learn from this vid. Everything you did is (or should be) elementary for a LA.
  15. Goden

It's Hej. He won't be happy until you're cleaning his boots with your tongue.
  16. Zaik

Much funnier than the mosquito one.

Dunno why everyone is taking a guy with that picture as a signature so seriously though. Guess you needed more MLG420proeskillz if you put "elite" in the title.

Laughed out loud when you did a second circle around the box to get the MAX to walk over the C4 and he actually did it.
  17. Rolfski

Lol, I didn't even really look at the picture in the signature. It's hilarious.

Anyway, let's not pisss him off any futher. I think he got the message.
  18. Autarkis

I've never seen battle tactics this elite before.
    • Up x 3
  19. LahLahSr

It's a funny little vid
  20. NyaR

Tactics are about battle maneuvers, not the numbers of enemies you kill. Quite frankly, killing 25 enemies could be less challenging than killing one. Every day I have a few runs in which I kill a very large number of enemies without dying, this is standard, dominating an advantaged opponent with hair splitting timing in a tactically and logistically deficient situation happens a few times a month.

Facing and opponent and choosing whether to circle him left or right, whether to take a step or to take a shot or to do nothing, contemplating how many steps ahead are being considered -- that is all tactics. How many people you kill is KD.

I fail to see your point and assume you have a misunderstanding to the actuality of "tactics".