[Video] Liberating The People of Connery

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McgeeLacroix, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McgeeLacroix

2. Silus

And this is only convincing me to pull even more cheap AA than I already pull.

Also, seriously, Libs need to be louder when they fly.
    • Up x 5
  3. DriztDoUrden

Libs are perfectly fine. I was the sky guard driver who died at 2:10 and I didn't care, he flew well. My beef about the air game is that flak indirect shouldn't be 56 at 6 meters; instead at like 2 so skill is more of a factor rather than spray and pray. That's one of my many opinions about the air game.
    • Up x 1
  4. Exonis

No, shut up, Libs are not fine. Don't even try to sell me the idea that libs are fine in any way.

I agree with what Silus said, they really do need to be louder; currently they are quieter than an ESF, and this is just touching on the tip of the iceberg of the situation.

Fun-fact: Did you know? Liberators are the fastest vehicle in Panetside2, capable of reaching breakneck speeds of 385+!
    • Up x 3
  5. Silus

Honestly, myself and a fellow Outfit member got farmed by an overly stealthy Lib a day or so ago. Granted it was a fully loaded Lib, but no aircraft ever should be able to stealth around a hill and come in as low as he did without telegraphing via sound where he is. The whole TB/Belly gun combo is legit however and I don't mind that he used it on me, it's that they can move so damned quietly, so damned fast and be as durable as they are while carrying the firepower that they do.

It's like the Harasser argument. The Libs currently have far too much going for it, something needs to be toned down (or turned up, in the case of sound). Make the Lib louder than a MBT and give them a Defensive Slot upgrade to cut sound or something (Tack it onto Stealth or something).
  6. FaLI3N

Hmm a libber tooting his own horn aye, I'll look forward to insta-gibbing you with mah C4 next time I see ya ;)
  7. eldarfalcongravtank

great gameplay. haters stay mad tho
  8. Alarox

0-22s sums up my relationship with most Liberators.

All of a sudden a Liberator flies in out of nowhere, tankbusts, shreds me out of my angle of elevation (while getting nailed by AA), then flies away.

Although I usually see them coming and hit them at least once if they try to TB in my angle, but it doesn't change the outcome. They either face tank me if they have Composite or they just pull up and hover above me.

It really doesn't take that much skill to be a A2G liberator. At all. I even take my BR18 and 28 buddies into a Lib and farm ground when they play (if they're getting frustrated on the ground).
    • Up x 2
  9. Kylerr

I agree that libs should be louder... but if a lib is outrunning you in an ESF then you should probably uninstall
    • Up x 2
  10. FaLI3N

Every single time one of these lolfarmers roll up and ruin my tank fun I pull a stealth ESF and slap 4 C4 on the front of it then go hunting for the kills that I deserve. Most of the time I hit them 2-4 times and they still kill me because python AP is terrible :oops:
  11. Alarox

If they're hover farming I usually get a Liberator and solo TB + Dalton them out of frustration.
    • Up x 1
  12. Alarox

There's an exploit that lets Liberators fly at speeds in excess of 400KPH.
    • Up x 2
  13. Inex

Let's be fair, there are a lot of skills you need.

You need to be able to find the air terminal.
    You need to be able to fly in a somewhat straight line.
    You need to have a few hundred certs laying around for things like the TB.
    You need to be able to pay your electric bill.
    And it helps if you have at least one friend. But you technically don't need that. If you have one though, they can find the air terminal for you.
    • Up x 6
  14. McgeeLacroix

15. Inex

At least the resource investment of Original Tank + ESF + 4 C4 is exactly where Lib pilots seem to think their toy deserves. ;)
  16. Dreadnaut

Libs cannot reach 385 in any normal combat scenario. That never happens.
    • Up x 1
  17. FBVanu

IMHO..... Libs are too cheap.. they should cost 550 + resources points to pull

they are also too fast.. as these videos show.....

and they are too quiet....

other than that.... almost no other problems..
    • Up x 1
  18. Gundem

Which is completely irreverent, since an exploit is an exploit. The same exploit can be used with the Reaver, Racer and AB Tanks to reach insane speeds.

Plus, the numbers you say are false. Unless there is another exploit you refer to(I am referring to the infinite turbo bug), the Liberator still can't even go over 320kph. Reavers on the other hand, can go 450kph.

But either way, it's an exploit. So why should it be used in a genuine balance discussion? What if someone found an exploit that gave the Titan-AP extended magazines. Do we suddenly balance it's damage to reflect 5 shots at once instead of the normally available one?
    • Up x 1
  19. DG-MOD-20

If you want to have discussions on the forums, you'll have to do so while being constructive and free of personal attacks.

I'm locking this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.