[VIDEO] Hossin base Review (about newly remade baases)

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Yamiks, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Yamiks

• Up x 6
  2. Yamiks

So what are your thoughts on this!?
  3. CuteBeaver

Following your base review. Which is fantastic btw! (Posting my thoughts in the same order - <3 developers)

Bitol Eastern Depot: (Military Definition: Regimental Depot = the headquarters and training grounds of a regiment)

Cardboard cutouts used for target practice, flood lights, and a small shed (building) with hackable resupply terminals as mini point of interest near the dummies. Alter the ground flow to be more interesting using simple boxes stacked up for cover in narrow spaces. Use vegetation like found at ceres farms to make a mini farm. Place more nanite system beds as decoration inside buildings, as well as thin lockers,inside the double deckersto give unexpected cover and more of a lived in type of appearance.

Bitol Biolab:

Run with the oil theme. Place some rocks, and longrass as the OP suggested, and throw in some wet looking fluid on the ground, possibly harmful fluid, trench out certain areas to give infantry some low cover and make it look like efforts were made to collect some oil on the ground

http://2.bp.************/_cqWSuri7Dhs/TAwEVy28wSI/AAAAAAAAADU/bnzOZZ3HUyk/s1600/Oil+Surface.png

Honestly this one needs landscape work badly. Grass, thorns, and those glowy plants for night effects would be awesome.

Bitol Stockpile:

Solid, and open shipping containers strategically placed in the base, creating dangerous pathways for players to travel between points of interest. Sprinkle items like pallets to give minor cover, as well as enable the average player to jump around , possibly on top of some of the shipping containers for more ambush opportunities. LA's can use their jetpack to navigate to the tops of the containers as well as traverse these deadly area's faster. The stacks themselves could be placed at various heights to promote a small amount of multi layer gameplay.

Ghanan Southern Crossing:
    Yamiks is absolutely right. Don't be afraid of death traps! We like those <3

Ghanan Eastern Gatehouse
    I actually liked this base, hes right about the cliffs though. I wouldn't actually mind caves or something leading to the top, which would encourage snipers in some places more predictable, and easier to counter with pathways existing. Otherwise more trees more vines for flanking cover, more glowpods for creepy night time goodness and your golden.

Ghanan Tech Plant:

[IMG]

Speaking as a completely biased infiltrator <3 I would have liked to see putrid lethal water, and energy bridges installed to give our class a little more purpose in these fights. Say for example protecting the wide open back door from being entered so easily. "Death moats" would be a cool way to spice this tech plant up.

Ghanan Research Lab:

[IMG]

Make use of spawn canisters in a new way to provide a different type of "cover" object. The blue energy canisters can be used to conceal players wishing to hide inside of them. Making for a completely different type of cover and ambush experience. This would be incredibly fun with radar and map avoidance in future. Go nuts players would love this creepy feeling of becoming a research subject lol.

Naum Ravine Overpass:
    LOVE THIS BASE! PLEASE KEEP ITS SO AWESOME <3 <3 <3 SO CREEPY OMG!

Naum Marsh Compound:

Not infiltrator friendly. Cannot climb the wall, there is no cover to get close to it... essentially it is a death wall, A scary death wall. Needs at the very least a hackable vehicle gate attached on the side, so infiltrators can risk the open ground in an attempt to allow their team access inside. However why not make a game of it, and put some cover objects, and a tower for defenders to shoot us from. Mini game could be reaching and bypassing the wall. Either from hackable gate, or the predetermined entry locations. Kind of like a tower defense game PLANETSIDE 2 style <3 I agree with the OP's take on making this place look more like a marsh as well. Soft cover and hard cover would be awesome.

Naum Amp Station:

I love the ramps and exterior. Good job SOE. Give the daredevils their moment to shine <3 I don't think these players often have real tactical incentive for risking their vehicles. This is really neat idea and should be commended. "Watch out the generator is vulnerable to turbo flash riding badasses" This is innovative and kinda takes flanking to a new level!

Naum Forward Barracks.

[IMG]

Needs more buildings connected together, as well as interior decorations to make it look more like a barracks. NS systems beds, lockers, a terminal or two in certain locations would be nice. It could use some more underground tunnels, finished or cave style as connections between various buildings for tactical advantagesSimple boxes, or rocks as cover would do well inside these tunnels, dark scary atmosphere would be awesome. Give each building some type of easy identifier for squad play. Example: Hold "Terminal Building, Double Decker, or Dummy Condo"

Quality of life change: Please put some kind of barrier, mini tunnel along the sides of the vehicle area so infantry can escape from ******** vehicles drivers during zergs. No one likes to get smushed and squished along the side of the walls.

Chac Fusion Lab:
    More cover objects, fake terminals like the OP suggested. Good base nice indoor fights.

Chac Intel Hub:

Please put some flashy satellite dishes down! Those streams of light from the faction controlling the base could be artistically assembled towards a center focal location. Giving the impression all of this important data is being sent there from space <3. Making the base seem more interesting by theatrics is always an option.

Chac Tech:

[IMG]

Again I am a huge fan of energy bridges, please use them somewhere. Another good idea would be heavily using those glowy computer server hubs, you guys put in the new amp station as cover objects. This would be great for giving the base character especially at night. Try to give it a tron type feeling and build some character. Those new glowy tubes Quarts Ridge also could be awesome for controlling battle flow.

Chack Water Purification:

Force attackers have to brave a lethal, water element by going underground with the plumbing,. I really like what you did with the small entrance ways which require crouching. Take things one step further and embrace your inner plumber. Manipulate the attackers to brave their way through pipe and puddle type hazards, moving towards the centralized capture point area. The toxic water could act like a mild defensive mechanism. Forcing attackers to take certain pathways through the facility. LA's can jetpack over the water, and the occasional floating debris could make a shortcut for those who are brave enough to hopscotch across areas in order to flank.

Fallbridge Chemical:

Easy fix would be put some of the small fat, stubby cylindrical cover objects on the ground level. You shrunk them down and used them at the new Quarts Ridge. In general more cover to help defenders would be good. For the roof tops, those smaller sideways laying cylinders might also be a nice touch for the upper areas.

Fort Dexler
    The OP's idea of the anti-air sheild is a good idea. It lends itself to more long ranged and dig in type engagements. Similar to Crux Headquarters which can be a nice change of pace.
  4. elkikko92

I LOVE THE OUTPOST WITH GENERATORS, THEY SHOULD IMPLEMENT IN EVERY BASES
  5. Yamiks

maybe not in every ..would be kinda repetative!
    • Up x 1
  6. elkikko92

I would like to see in more outposts of esamir: they have a lot of internal combat
  7. Sandpants

You focus heavily on the small outposts and how their name corresponds to the intuitive value they might hold - which I think is a crucial perspective. The way gatehouse and the bridge are made are pretty interesting.

You also mentioned how the techplants and Biolabs are pretty boring. I share your opinion in that, although I would go as far to say that amps, techs and biolabs have outgrown their novelty as much as the whole primary selling point (big fights yadda dabba doo) of the game. Those bases are by no small margin pretty damn crap.

I think the map designer should take your advice on focusing on environments which are dangerous/tricky to scale or maneuver around, and holding the bases around this respective land presents a clear advantage to the owner. This will go hand in hand with fixing the so called "persistence" this game has, which is currently meaningless as there is no desire for the bases to persist in your sovereignty, holding little tactical value, never mind intrinsic.

All in all the video holds important clues that should be considered, whether intended or not.