[Video] CQC Infiltrator

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Uman84, May 6, 2013.

1. Astraka

I think you're dramatically downplaying your skill mate, because it takes a lot more than just an SMG to make a good Infiltrator. The weapon may make it easier to do well with, but you're going to die constantly regardless of the weapon setup if you don't know what you're doing.
  2. CuteBeaver

I assure you, just because he has an SMG doesn't automatically raise his KD by 2. Some people have a knack for playing this class. Maybe he is naturally sneaky. That takes time to learn for some people. Try what he does in this video and tell me how effective it is to fake out an opponent into thinking your X when your actually at Y. Getting behind them can be a challenge, learning to predict where they are going so they don't turn around and ruin your day... That sort of thing takes time.

Spray and pray like a moron and your going to die, SMG or not. To get these results you have to first come in from an unexpected angle, then avoid them fast, possibly activate cloak so they loose sight of you for a few precious seconds, and then go back in for the kill hopefully you have enough time to finish the deed. All while constantly moving. This is juking the art of misdirection and being a total pain in the *** to hit. So many people do not move enough. (Me being one of them.) Learning to be in constant motion is something many of us have to beat into our thick skulls.

See there is another thing. Its this adaptation, constantly moving, which is also contributing to his time to live. He learned very quickly to remain in motion. So while the SMG is one half of the equation the other half is skill on his part. Being wiggly is a valuable trait for an infiltrator.

Flanking is fantastic, but its only part of the equation to success. Learning to evade, and juking once in combat helps seal the deal. Personally I am learning very quickly even if you flank someone and then ADS... if they get evasive, your toast. "Spray and Pray" is essential after the first few shots unless you have lined up someone completely still for a headshot. The moment they get evasive on you, either bail and try again, or juke... otherwise its over.
  3. Uman84

Well, thank you for the nice comments :)
    You are right, it takes more than an SMG to do good, however, SMG make things a lot easier and more enjoyable in my opinion. (I've seen really skilled players with guns though, and they are deadly.)
    The main quality required is to be smart (or being Kamikaze^^). People will hate you, but take it as a compliment :p

Next video will be about "being an asset to the team" and "recon dart"
  4. Camatoo

hey, nice vid^^ i play with the blitz too, but my K/D is so worse -.- do you use a camo at all? i think i see you wear the composit-armor. I have the little problem to get killed in cloak, so its very frustating to get kill...can you give me any tips to stop that? or is it yjust the chaos of a enemy zerg?
  5. Uman84

Hey, thank you very much!

I use camos, but I haven't noticed any imrpovement using this or that camo, except at night where dark camos work pretty great.
    As for survival, here is what I think:

a) There is one thing all players tend to have in common: the obsession of their primary goal, be it going to a specific place or waiting for enemys to show up where everyone is looking... Once you know how to identify players in that "temporary disposition" you will know you can attack them and stay alive.

b) Second advice: do not camp an area for too long and keep moving. If you have been killed, try not to go back there or you will become an obsessed player described in point a. Kill and run.

c) Try to remain on the outskirts of the main battle, avoid crossfire and have fun in a defense tower for exemple. However, if this is a pitched battle, now we talk! Flank and kill as many as possible, mine, nades, use them all (you will most likely die, but this is definitely worth the suicide rush) because a pitched battle often shuts down people surrounding awareness.

d) Cover your dead angle with a mine. Even if it doesn't kill the intruder, you'll be warned that someone is approaching.

e) Be a ***** killer and a coward deserter when necessary. There is no shame, this is survival. Once again, kill and run.

The downside is that it doesn't help the team much, but this is just a first step. Once you get used to the class and to the battle mechanics, you'll add more depth to your playstyle :) Have fun
  6. Scan

I enjoyed watching your vid. You obviously had fun making it, and it's well put together.

Using the SMG, feels like easy mode tho (you've said it yourself, you don't need good aim), and allthough I do this quite often myself, I still prefer the more subtle arts of using the bolt-action.

Hence I try to stay alive in my vids, showing one life, instead of demonstrating montages of killstreaks.

I might have been mistaken however, and this might exactly be the sort of vids the large crowds want.

Go go, Semi-visible Rambo in spandex. :)

A job well done.
  7. Uman84

I assume you are talking about my "fragstep" video. To me it was an exercise and a good way to practice and improve my montage skills. That explains why everything is cut and why I show my death a couple of times because it went well with the music ^^

I keep your advice up my sleeve and next time I will post something less edited :)

By the way, my next video about "being an asset to the team" is ready. Check it out:
    • Up x 1
  8. Bill Hicks

how do you feel about the low capacity /high damage SMGs?
  9. Uman84

The Cyclone is great...if you can aim properly and burst fire. To me, even with the extended magazine, 35 bullets are not enough. I hate being killed because I have to reload. In fact I often play kamikaze and dive in groups of enemies to Blitz their pretty little ***** (and then die hehe). In that kind of situation, you just can't afford a reload ^^

That is, if you're NC. I have no clue about the other factions' SMGs though.
  10. Purg

Very nice video. Just started to dabble in this play style too. Found it annoying being killed by SMG infiltrators so why not join in the fun? I typically pull it out after dark where cloak is a lot more effective. Well lit areas I tend to get owned. Dark corners, I own.

Keep up the good work.
  11. Uman84

Haha welcome to the community Purg! :)