[Video] bye bye Fury

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by freeze, Jul 12, 2013.

1. freeze

the last of my fury footage...
    it's not like I'm the one using it, but the vehicle is :)
    footage is all pre-patch

• Up x 1
  2. SgtBreastroker

inb4 people claim Fury to be a justified nerf
  3. IamSalvation

Fury is still fine... really.. i was very shocked to read the Patchnotes but ingame its hardly any different at all... only infrantry behind ridges can´t be one shoted... uh.. big deal...
    • Up x 6
  4. noralvarin

Fury was a justified nerf.

No, but really, its' not like it's been nerfed through the floor, it's still pretty damn effective against infantry.
    • Up x 2
  5. Regpuppy

^ Most of the people who complained about the fury nerf like it's the end of the fury don't stop to consider that the direct damage had very little effect on it's ability to farm infantry. Since 90% of the time it's not a direct hit that's killing the infantry for you... it's the splash damage doing almost all the work. Especially when it comes to farming with the harasser.
    • Up x 4
  6. KenDelta

Number of roadkills > number of fury kill assists.
  7. Izriul

Looks at one of your other posts

Yeah, TR saying it's "justified".

@OP, I don't know if you're aware of it or not, but doesn't seem like your gunner is, but you need to slow the vehicle down to repair it while moving (I heard him say something like "I don't know why I can't get the repair tool to work" as the Harasser is going top speed)
  8. HellasVagabond

Am i the only one who HATES Harasser drivers for using it to run over people ?
    • Up x 2
  9. Mxiter

no hit markers on the vehicles HUD = before GU12 and before the fury nerf...

Just a gunner with a terrible aim.

Gotcha!
  10. Adamar09

And here we have a guy who is good at reading OP's post.
    • Up x 1
  11. Goretzu

That just shows that the problem with the harraser isn't the weapon, it the toughness and ability to self-repair whilst moving.

It wracked up more kills by mowing than it did with the fury. And that mowing was hardly "skillful" either, which just shows how daftly easy it is.
  12. Mxiter

I read it quickly :oops: .
  13. Ghosty11

Yeah the Harraser seems quite adept at running over infantry. If I try the same thing with a Lightning I see their bodies pass through the vehicle then look back and see the target just keep running, unless they are friendly, in which case if I skim them they will fall over and die.
    • Up x 3
  14. IamSalvation

Thats wrong,, there is a secret pro trick to repair at any speed ;)
    • Up x 1
  15. St0mpy

I was a bit worried about nerf to begin too, its my flash primary but after sticking it in a dozen or so peoples faces since then its ok still, it worked when I needed it, just no OSKs any more
  16. freeze

what the **** else am I supposed to do while driving? :)
    I wanna have fun too

That's max'ed composite armor. and ya it's a little bit too resilient.
    but pls teach me how to "skillfully" roadkill ppl. especially when, despite a fully certed chassis, that thing basically behaves however it ******* pleases, and half the roadkills don't even register unless you hit them with a weird angle.

ya, you can always repair, but it's still a ***** to start it sometimes.

basically what you have to do, is aim all the way to the left or right, and then you will aquire the "repair-lock". then you can aim at the wheels or at the back of the buggy. aquiring that initial lock is the tricky part though.
    if you have a bad connection it might be impossible for you, because the hitbox is where the driver's client says it is, even if you sit in the harasser.
    • Up x 1
  17. SpaceKing

This has, interestingly, made the Basilisk a viable flash weapon, but the shotgun is still largely a 'for ***** and giggles' weapon.
    Not that anyone uses Flashes for combat since the Harasser came out.
  18. Izriul

Yeah, that ***** to start is because it's going too fast. You need to "aim" it above the right (or the players left) wheel (I think, or might be visa versa) in the corner of it, but it has to be going slower and/or on a flat ground. You can lock it if it's going top speed on a flat surface but it's much easier to lose the lock if it's bumping up and down.
  19. Goretzu

I'm not saying it is possible to be a "skillful" mower......... but that was plain average driving that wracked up a LOAD of mowing kills, which shows the problem with the vehicle (unless they meant to make a combat lawnmowever, of course).
    • Up x 1
  20. Goretzu

I wonder if it has a wider stability box or something, and that is what mowing works off.