[Video] Bullying Tanks on Amerish

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by blackboemmel, Aug 17, 2021.

1. LodeTria

That was a nice escape around the 4:30 mark.
  2. Twin Suns

If someone calls a tank a sTank. Then it’s pretty obvious they hate sTanks.

Reaching for straws isn’t you’re style Black. So please stop.

You’ve put out some killer vids before OP, but I’m sorry this one smells like a sTanky cheese sandwich.

TBH, I was hoping you would put out a video showing you could do it without a cloak.

Happy sTank Hunting.

o7
  3. Demigan

The skill and luck required for 2 veteran players to get about 1 vehicle kill per minute while spending about the same resources is much higher in the same situation. A 2/2 MBT, two 1/2 MBT's or two Lightnings would be a lot harder pressed to accomplish the same thing. The opponents have a better chance getting into cover for repairs, enemies can be attracted to your vehicle during the fight, you don't have cloak so it is much easier to be caught in a bad position even if you are skilled and if one of you is destroyed there is a much larger loss of resources and time.
    In contrast the Flash team has much less risk. They pay 50 resources for the vehicle, the C4 cost only when used which means only when you have a chance of success, getting caught and dying only wastes 50 resources and your time to return to that position. The cloak also makes it hard for enemies to spot and react to your presence ahead of an attack or catch you off-guard.

It is hard to argue that the 2/2 cloak flash is well and balanced. Its just not as direct as most vehicles, which most players do not enjoy. You can claim "ah but everyone can do it" or "but I didn't get any hate tells that time" but that does not mean it is a good and balanced system in the game.

Vehicles have a lot of unused buttons, adding a series of scanning tools and equipment to find both cloaked and uncloaked players would be a good idea to make dealing with cloaked flashes more fun, as well as adding ways to know in advance that a cloaked player might be nearby to scan for since it should not have to be a 24/h service to scan for them.
  4. Exileant

:confused: Demi, C4 does cost when it is tossed. You do not have to use it. It is very expensive. The Flash team will always take on the most risk. 1 hit with a .01 time to kill for the tank against the Bike team versus a 2.5 second time to kill, including de-cloaking with noise, 2+ brick toss, and then watching your character slowly press the detonation button like they are on vacation channel surfing.... Who cares if it is cheaper if you miss both bricks that is 150 nanites gone per full miss or success. Which means that is only 5 attempts for the C4 holder. 10 if they are gluttons for punishment, swap and stick to it; and only if they are surviving on just one bike. This is not game breaking in the least...

o_O You know full well how little I think of you, even so, I have a hard time believing that a person with even as little skill as you; given that you have been here as long as you have, has ever died like this in your Vanguard. :confused: For one thing Vanguards are naturally immune to this. The only way to get a kill with C4 is if the vehicle is practically standing still.
  5. Exileant

:eek: Speaking of tanks, when is PlayStation getting our Chimera's? ;) I really want my Moon Buggy Replica!
  6. T-1000

To make things even more interesting - there are suicide C4 ISF squads nuking colossus as well. Talking of which I would love to be able spawn colossus from merits I get from base captures and not from shared and limited outfit resources...
    • Up x 1
  7. Exileant

:( I would go as far as giving them to N.S.O. as their M.B.T. because they are not worth Outfit Materials. The gun does not fire properly in 3rd person view at ALL which makes it very difficult to kill even Harassers with the main cannon. Prowlers I have to run from because of their speed over armor. o_O In fact I think I am going to make a ticket about the fact that it does not shoot straight.... :confused: How is it going to shoot perfectly in 1st person and fire like the barrel is bent in 3rd?
  8. T-1000

Chimeras - fun tanks but need their paper armor to be changed to something more decent. Currently Chimera 1 on 1 won't surive any max rank Vanguard/Prowler or even Magrider. And goes in flames on low health after sparring AP lighting. Also Logistics expert implant is needed with them so you can turn chimera into mobile squad spawn point with 4 spawns at once in passenger seats available.
    • Up x 1
  9. Exileant

:D Thank you very much for the tips. Thankfully I have Logistics. From what I can see, it is going to suffer from the same issue as the Magrider currently does. It is flipping HUGE.... ;) Though I will yield to your experience with them and will not dispute the changes you want, I will say, as an outsider looking in, as far as what I can see and logistically speaking, a much higher all around speed would be the way to go. Yes it is a tank, but it is a wheeled tank. :confused: Traditionally Wheeled tanks travel much, MUCH faster than their treaded companions, and are Far, FAR more prone to flipping. Given they are as massive as they are, and cannot pivot, I vote that this should be the fastest tank in the game topping out at 99 K.P.H. with a Speed Chassis, 90 Forward and in Reverse with Rival. o_O Traveling at that speed would ramp up flipping Hazards as well as impact damage at full speed while providing a way to fight the other tanks Via Kiting. ;) A balanced Risk over Reward situation.

:) A longer lasting forward and Reverse Torque style Turbo would also fix this issue.