[Video] Bighorn .50M

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Brewery, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Brewery

Hey guys, just a short video I made of some decent shots. Hope you guys enjoy.

• Up x 1
  2. Leivve

What makes the Bighorn special again? The PS2 wiki is highly underdeveloped.
  3. _itg

Compared to the RAMS 0.50, it has 30 m/s higher bullet velocity and a shorter reload, but it has shorter OHK range and it has a compensator (which makes you show up on the minimap twice as far away).
  4. Leivve

So it's meant to be as close to a short range hit-scan bolt sniper as you can get without actually being so. While the compensator is meant to be a weakness.
  5. Brewery

Also has a little higher upfront damage which can make the difference between a dead heavy with overshield or one that survives. Ram 700 @ 10m, Bighorn 750 @ 10m
  6. 7 Drunk Midgets

Do you happen to have the actual ranges where it stops OHKing? Just curious.
  7. _itg

Going by the wiki's max and min damage numbers, it should be about 235m for the Bighorn, vs. about 271m for the RAMS.
  8. Tykune

Theres nothing special about it. Its only ever so slightly better than the RAMS, and honestly, the work that you go through getting it isn't really worth it.
  9. MisterSlim

It's really nice to see someone else using a directive sniper rifle. I'm currently ranked #3 worldwide for Parsec VX3-A kills, and it baffles me that people don't seem to like it. It is a moving-target-hitting machine, and the sound can be used to lure in some easy targets if used properly. I've been meaning to upload a similar montage for the Parsec, but the fact that the servers have hated me for the past month means I haven't been able to record anything worthwhile. Nice editing and nice shooting. Keep up the good work!
    -Fr0st
  10. Brad seven

It's pretty much a downgrade from the rams .50
    wow, even our araxium weapons get **** on by SOE
    • Up x 1
  11. _itg

You say that as if it weren't literally identical to the NC and VS directive sniper rifles.
    • Up x 2
  12. Brad seven

They could at least make the gun sound cool, instead of the same old stock sound of sniper rifles
    • Up x 1
  13. Dualice

Some impressive moving-target kills in the vid OP, nice one.

I don't snipe enough to aspire to the Bighorn, but it looks cool. Would be nice if it had a unique sound profile though.
  14. MrGrampybone

It also has this amazing feature where recoil seems to be applied before the shot is fired. That will make you miss head shots at close range...
    You won't notice it at range though as it will only seem like you don't have to compensate for drop as much.
  15. Neo3602

I think that for the directive sniper rifles the bullets travel in a arc like they do in real life.
  16. MrGrampybone

17. MisterSlim

I actually like this bug/feature. I shoot competitively IRL, and bullet rise must be compensated for at close range if you are unable to adjust your optics for whatever reason. And, since that is the case in PS2, I don't mind it. I think it adds a level of immersion that we don't have in the other BASRs. But, as the Parsec is my favorite weapon, I'm a bit biased.
  18. Brewery

Thanks, and it was an issue for me getting decent shots as well as that issue with characters jittering far out, which sucks.
  19. Brewery

Thanks man, and I completely agree about the noise of the weapon. Considering in the description of the bighorn it says something like enemies are terrified when they heard the crack of the weapon. Then you get it and you're like, wtf...
  20. Brewery