Viability of under barrel shotgun?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Epicstrat, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Epicstrat

Hello light assult forums!

I am a level 77 on waterson who plays infiltrator 90% of the time. I was really tired one night and bough the gauss compact s for my LA character on a whim. Looking back I have no clue why I did this because I play neither LA or engineer.

However, I am looking to experiment with the LA class in some funny and unconventional ways. Namely, I want to take my NC pride to the max and strap a shotgun to my carbine. Does anyone have experience with this attachment? Since I've never seen anyone use it I'm guessing it's not very good. I am set in my decision and I am doing this no matter what, I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with this weapon who could tell me what to expect.
  2. DeadliestMoon

You are correct, the general consensus is that it's not worth your time. You have to be right up on someone to do decent damage, but at that range you might as well just knife them.
    • Up x 1
  3. Iridar51

It's basically a pump shotgun with very long reload between shots. Meaning, that if you don't oneshot your target, then you're screwed, more or less.
    Right now it's a stupid unrealiable gimmick to oneshot people within 5m.
    IMO, underbarrel shottie needs a redesign - it should be a real secondary gun, with something like 4/12 ammo and pump mechanism, and shots themselves should be 6x125 with medium spread. That way you will have a real combo of weapons - carbine and a shotgun. Both are competitive, but not dominant at any range.
    • Up x 3