VG w/ iwin vs 2 c4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NaySayer, May 5, 2014.

1. NaySayer

Anytime I use 2 bricks of c4 against a vanguard with the iwin shield, the vanguard doesnt even get to the smoking point. This is frankly ********. Why should the vanguard have better resistance against c4 compared to the other 2 mbt's?

Blah blah blah have you read the patch notes blah blah blah. I dont give a ****, this is bull sh**.
  2. PastalavistaBB

No single Infantry should be able to kill a 50 ton MBT with 2 bars of chocolate tbh.
    • Up x 3
  3. Copasetic

Plastic explosive. I keep the chocolate bars for myself.
  4. Fang7.62

Just wait a second jeez. C4ing magriders is total pain in the ***, these things dont ever stand still and with how C4 sticking is server-side registered and for that reason it stikcs on whatever was in that spot 5 minutes ago.. GG.
  5. PastalavistaBB

If you want to get realistic: Plastic Explosives can't scratch the paint of a MBT.
  6. Copasetic

I'll be the last person to pull the realism card, this is a video game and realism has nothing to do with it. Which is why it's perfectly fine for 2 C4 to gib an MBT, because it's balanced by resource cost, point blank range, complete ineffectiveness against moving targets and a 5 second deploy time. If you're threatened by C4 you're either trying to farm infantry or camping in some spot for several minutes, and MBTs have no business doing either of those things without some real risk attached.
  7. Frozen-K

It's things like this that bother me. All of this is perfectly acceptable for the vehicle that has some of the most stringent requirements to field, yet one of the most use vehicles in the game rarely has to deal with this at all. Balance.
    • Up x 1
  8. Arkenbrien

What's this myth of something that doesn't die to C4? Can this thing be? :eek:
  9. PastalavistaBB

I heard it's called a Unicorn under a double Rainbow.
  10. Alarox

1.) Stop spreading false information. Two C4 will take a Vanguard to burning through the shield with ~10% health remaining.

2.) The Vanguard, even with the "iwin" shield, dies the most to C4 of all the tanks.