Very Low FPS - Unplayable

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Cydious, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Rippy

Cydious yes give it a try and disable hyper threading. I would recommend turning it off for gaming any way since at best it wont impact frame rate in any game and at worst it will reduce it in some titles. Don't worry unless you are working with 3D rendering or video encoding you won't notice the difference.

I know I am reaching on the CPU side of things now but what heatsink are you using? A preformance aftermarket one I hope? Can you try with something like 4Ghz or 3.8Ghz overclock to see what is going on if the HT off setting does not improve your situation?A 4.4Ghz overlock is not critical for Ivy Bridge under normal situations but your CPU might still throttle itself if you don't know what you are doing because of bad thermal compount between the chip and the heatspreader on IB processors and reduced surface area because of the die shrink. It's worth a shot.
  2. Cydious

hi Ty for helping,

My cpu is allready at 4.4ghz with a cooler WC swiftech edge hd the 3 X 12 cm fan one

When deactivate HT, i've got a huge performance up BUT ONLY when there's nobody or a few players at screen

when there's more than 10 peoples fps go from 70fps to 5 fps, impossible to aim at something.

It seems soo strange, beta went sooo smooth with/in bases full of players and now this :(

i suspect some server issue, i've played for 1 h this afternoon, and the fps goes down but not as badly when playing at night, the fps is down at 20 when at night it goes down to 2 fps!
  3. Rippy

Ok so that was part of the problem. Did you try reducing the CPU frequency? Just go to your bios and load optimised defaults. Make sure to disable HT again before you save.
  4. Rippy

Mind you...I would still overclock that CPU with this game but what I'm thinking here is that a CPU will throttle in two ways (3 if it C-state kicks in to save power but unlikely in this case so dont touch that). First one if it is overheating but if the thermals are ok this is not the case. Second one is if your overlock is exceeding the TPD settings. If you default your bios the second problem wont be an issue anymore. If this is the case you might want to read up on correctly overclocking. Going auto voltage and just increasing the multiplayer wont cut it in your case at that frequency.
  5. Cydious

you're right, it's the last thing i never tried!

I'm going to give shoot!
  6. Cydious

when playing, i've got a monitoring Aida 64 on a second screen.

The cpu is really at 4.4ghz and not c-state at 1.8 or 3.1 ghz.

But i'm going to stop the overclockin and deactivate throttling for test.
  7. Rippy

Did you notice any improvement running on stock settings? Only other thing I can think of is trying to disable your audio via Control Pannel if that might be impacting preformance in a strange way.

But it has to be something with your hardware configuration or windows that is causing your problem...difficult thing is figuring out what it is.