Vehicles get attached to things, then flip.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BlackDove, Feb 11, 2014.

1. BlackDove

Like the title says: touch an air vehicle to the completely flat side of a building, and it gets attached to it, and flips over.

Why can't this be fixed?
    • Up x 2
  2. Maelthra

Oohhh, there's this light post at the warp gate that has been the death of many a Galaxy ;)

I think it's coated in nanites. Might be why it's so sticky.
    • Up x 2
  3. Bindlestiff

When this gets fixed, peace will be known throughout Auraxis.
    • Up x 3
  4. kadney

You thought neodym magnets were strong? Then you haven't seen Nanite-magnets yet! Get to close to metal structures around auraxis and the sexy structure nanites will attract the nanites that form your vehicle and turn their head. They will loose composure soon™ and stick to the wall like glued together. :D
  5. Pikachu

Higby said in some video that they had been thinking about this issue, making vehicles able to flip pack at WP. But somehow that it would be difficult to implement. o_O I call this BS superiority.
  6. Prudentia

When you spawn a Galaxy, full of joy to be reunited with your skywhale. You use the speed from the spawn to touch the ground ~100m out of the building and make a dramatic slide while holding S and anticipate the usual jump of the nose when you stop...
    just to hear a 'clonk' and see your rear jolt up. so you jump out with a deep resignated sigh and tell someone less qualified to pull a Gal and watch your poor baby alone in the warpgate while you ascend and some jerk blows it up (ME3 Introstyle)

yes i hate that lightpost
  7. BlackDove

How can game physics that was mastered in the 1990's be so difficult to implement on computers with thousands of times the processing power as back then?

That is BS. Can't make a vehicle that doesn't clip into things, flip and explode? LOL

I just got a crash to desktop with no error message too.