[Suggestion] Vehicle ramming rework (ground vehicles)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Terrince, May 21, 2021.

1. Terrince

Greetings all!
    My thoughts on ground vehicles ramming health and how it should be, imo.

-Flash
    If a flash rams or gets rammed by anything other than another flash it should be destroyed. Especially at full speed!

-Harasser
    If a harasser rams or gets rammed by a ANT or Sunderer it should be destroyed.
    MBTs should bring its health to 1/4th, Lightnings to 1/3rd and other harassers to half or 1/3rd.

-Lightning
    If ramming or gets rammed by ANT or Sunderer it should have 1/3rd HP left.
    MBTs should bring its HP to 1/3rd, fellow lightnings to 1/3rd or half and harassers to 2/3rds or 3/4ths

-Sunderer, ANT, and MBT
    If ramming or gets rammed by ANT, MBT, or Sunderer it should have 1/3rd or half its HPs left.
    Lightning should bring its HP to 2/3rds left
    Harassers 3/4th or 2/3 left
    Flash causes no HP loss

What do y'all think?
    I'm not sure about MBTs (Mostly Vanguards as they are the most Tanky of the MBTs)

Have a great one!
    • Up x 2
  2. LodeTria

Ramming is already like this.

A lightning can loose almost it's entire HP bar if it directly rams a charging turbo ant. A harasser will be destroyed if it rams a charging ant.

The biggest counter to a turbo ant is to simply reverse or drive away, greatly reducing it's impact damage.
  3. Terrince

Yes, for the ant.
    In my experience harassers and flash do not get destroyed raming or being rammed by a Sunderer and MBT.
    More recently you can turbo into a Sundy or MBT as a harasser and flip them!
  4. RabidIBM

Details negotiable, but yes in general. Light vehicles come out in far too good shape from high speed collisions with heavy vehicles. If anyone disagrees then I would love to see you upload an RL video of yourself on an ATV intentionally colliding into a tank at 60km/h. Please demonstrate how the tank goes flying, but you and your ATV are fine. Don't forget to honk your horn after :)
    • Up x 1
  5. DarkQuark

What about vehicles insta-killing people? Which is just ridiculous.

Getting run over should cause some damage to a player but NOT insta-kill them. Doing it that way would also cut down on friendly battlefield deaths. IE, that MBT that runs over you while you are repairing only hurts you but does not kill you.

I mean seriously. The cloaked flashes running up and down the battlefields chopping people down like a combine does corn is the silliest thing in the game at this point in my opinion.
    • Up x 3
  6. Mechwolf

Flashes while cloaked should deal half roadkill damage, same goes for cloak ANTS
  7. Mechwolf

I like the system the way it is minus cloak roadkills... I enjoy them but I know it's op as hell, just taking the kills while I can
  8. Mechwolf

On console it generally works the way you're stating, but speed factors in big, I can kill an MBT if it rams my ANT with turbo