[Suggestion] Vehicle Play Both Ground and Air

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Twitch760, May 22, 2017.

1. Twitch760

I don't think anyone has posted this suggestion but what about adding a fuel component to vehicles? ESF's and Liberators can only stay on station for so long until required to leave and area and RTB to refuel. Ground vehicles can stick around longer maybe add a fuel truck vehicle which is needed to provide energy to the vehicles. Making it an obvious target for destruction to get the vehicles off your back. I guess I'm trying to think of a supply chain type mechanic that makes people work for vehicles instead of sit in them and just farm.
  2. HisokaTheRed

Its call ammo capacity and the ammo sunday use to alleviate that but now the ammo printer makes it an obsolete to negligible concern.
  3. FateJH

What measure of enjoyment would this bring to those who pilot or those who drive? What faculty of complexity would this add to the game over-all?
  4. Twitch760

This is about stopping the vehicle camping that's going on in some bases you cannot even leave spawn without being vaporized instantly. You're better off re-deploying and just moving on to setup the next defense. For one thing it would add a level of realism to the game no more just driving and staying there sitting comfy in your tank shelling the spawn.
  5. Twitch760

Thank you for making my point for me now the vehicles can just sit there and spam all day long with or without an ammo Sundie.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

i don't see this stoping spawncamps ... spawncamping imo is a matter of bases providing ways/defenses to safely leave the spawnroom and getting to the crucial capturepoint/generator battles ... adding a fuelmechanic won't realy mitigate that ...
  7. Pelojian

fuel won't stop vehicle camping, aircraft will just fly to the nearest friendly base and come back and keep bombing you like they do already, as for ground vehicles they will top up their fuel at any opportunity, it might buy you a minute or two but they'd be back with a full tank.

this is all before you consider that some would ask for the sunderer to receive a resupply fuel tank so only the sunderers need to go back to friendly bases to refill then come back to the battle to refuel friendly vehicles so they don't have to go one by one.

fuel is a silly idea just as much as requiring infantry to eat food in order to stay alive during prolonged combat.

if vehicles are shelling you and your infantry can't kill them on their own pull vehicles from another base and flank them, if you are sitting at the base under attack ignoring vehicles (because they aren't hitting you) you are part of the problem.

most players don't care if there are any enemy vehicles about as long as they don't get killed by them, then if they do get killed suddenly it's their top priority to kill those vehicles, while everyone else is trying to play infantryside meatgrinder.
  8. JohnGalt36

9. CaptCran

They can make it so you can only refuel at the warp gate, or have an ant be the refuel tanker. Again, I really wish they'd put the bases on Nanites like in Planetside 1.

But like Pelojian said,

10. Twitch760

I don't think so if you can manage to kill the Sunderer that's supplying the power to the vehicles for movement and weapons at least you would have a chance at breaking out. I'm now imagining a system of vehicles that are needed to supply power to tanks, Sunderers, and the like. This vehicle has a bubble of nanites that's surrounding it that powers the vehicles. Make it difficult to kill but not too difficult but if it's killed the vehicles have like 5 minutes of power left.