Vehicle loudouts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lightwolf, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Lightwolf

Right now, as of this moment, what are the best general purpose loadouts for all the vehicles in game?

Galaxy: High G, fire suppression, NaR
    Seat 2: walker, mag size, zoom
    Seat 3: drake, mag size or reload speed, thermals
    seat 4: Bulldog, mag size, thermals
    Seat 5: drake, mag size, zoom

Liberator: High G, afterburners, NaR
    Tankbuster, mag size, zoom
    Seat 2: shredder, mag size, thermals
    Seat 3: bulldog, mag size, thermals

Continue with your vehicles.
  2. ThunderSock

Sunderer
    Blockade
    Racer
    Fire Suppression, GSD is a bad idea
    Two Basilisks; thermal, mag size

MAX
    Flak Armor
    Charge
    Two comet, falcon, pounder
    I don't actually use MAX, but if I did...
  3. Flashtirade

MBTs:
    - AP or HEAT main cannon, depending on how well you can aim
    - Halberd
    - Racer
    - NAR (yes, it's still worth using)
    - ES ability (with the upcoming changes, gotta maximize every advantage you can get)

ESFs:
    - Stock nosegun
    - Rocketpods or coyotes, depending on what you expect to encounter
    - Hover
    - NAR
    - FS

Lightning
    - AP or HEAT, again depends on aim
    - Racer (I'd stop at 2, maxed is too fast for me)
    - NAR
    - FS
  4. Arkenbrien

Magrider

Rival for extra strafe speed = easier hill climbing
    Magburn
    Stealth

FPC - Thermal
    PC - Thermal
    VPC - Thermal

PPA - Thermal
    Saron - Zoom :p
  5. Flag

Racer has stronger forward acceleration, so that's not 100% true.

And I'm partial to thermal on the Saron.
  6. Arkenbrien

Straight on, it's not, but I've found that I prefer Rival for climbing big hills. If I can see a way up, I can mag burn up for extra speed, but once I'm stuck, Racer isn't going to help as much as Rival. At least, that's my opinion.

I use Zoom on the Saron only because I have (had?) a semi-reliable gunner who wanted zoom on it and the PPA, so since I already had the third tier of zoom, I never upgraded. I should, though.

Honestly, though, I haven't pulled a tank in ages.
  7. Flag

Those moments are so few and far between that ... to me it isn't even a factor. Besides, in most of those situations you can roll up the hill anyway.

For the Saron, I know people in both camps. Some (one or two) prefers zoom, the rest prefers thermal.
    Going by the people I've had gun for me on a regular basis that is.
  8. Frozen-K

Prowler:

AP shells (Zoom) or HEAT shells (Zoom)
    Racer chassis
    Stealth
    Anchor (will trade for fire suppression if situation calls for it, but anchor gives lots of extra utility even if it's not effective close up)
    Halberd (Zoom or thermals, my gunners have different opinions on these)

My loadouts vary based on what I see before I pull the tank, but my standard is AP shells with the above loadouts. My vanguard and magrider look the same way, only I use the enforcer and saron HRB for secondary weapons respectively.

For a general purpose MBT, I recommend HEAT shells for all tanks across the board - even the vanguard. While the vanguard's reload on HEAT shells is long (3.5s with reload 5), firing a shell in the middle of a group of infantry will seriously injure/kill off weakened ones. HEAT shells are also somewhat effective against tanks, but against any competent tank destroyer loadout, your chances of winning drop drastically. Secondary weapon wise, for all tanks across the board, you can never go wrong with a halberd. Will kill infantry in a body shot, and does reasonable damage against anything else. But HEAT shells/halberd will almost never steer you wrong if you have absolutely no idea on what you're going to run into (though it always, always helps to get at least some information about what's in the area you're going to).