[Suggestion] Variant System (Diversified roles)

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ghostloadout, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Ghostloadout

So, as an infiltrator and a quite well-versed vehicle and infantry player, (I play NC, TR *hates flamboyant cultists*) i was thinking one day, in planetside 1 the inventory system, i thought it would be cool if every class and vehicle got 2 variants. The reason I chose infiltrator to post first is because many people think they need the most help.

Infiltrators as of now are very underpowered in larger battles, So this is the infiltrator portion of my suggestions

Here's my proposal- at least two variants for all classes and vehicles, allowing access to different weapons abilities and utilities (maybe cosmetics because we are all vain people)

- Infantry
    -Infiltrator
    Sniper
    - Access to sniper rifles and scout rifles, however cannot use common pool weapons(shotguns,smgs)
    - Similar to the current Infiltrator
    - Does not have access to standard grenades, only decoys
    - Sniper rifles have "bipods, similar to the engineer's turret, however; by pressing the select fire button on a weapon with it equipped, it will pull up a similar image to the engineer's turret holo, will crouch and start "supported shooting" making the aiming cone much smaller around 45-65 degrees, depending on level, on click if the area is viable it will deploy and have no sway -- Decreases equip speed
    - Has "Advanced Spotting gear" Suit mod, allowing spotting to go through walls and terrain, however if out of sight for 5-10 seconds (depending on level), also will make a small class symbol over the target's head (Crosshair for infiltrator), also has much longer range 500% increase on max level 6 levels
    - Primarily an assassination role extremely good for killing HVTs like medics and engineers repairing from very long ranges.

Recon
    - Access to more scouting tools and much more survival options and infiltration than the standard infiltrator as of the current version
    - Cannot use Sniper rifles, but can use scout rifles and SMGs (jan 30th update), maybe shotguns, probably not.
    - iFF device infiltrator tool, changed to underbarrel weapon for SMGs and scout rifles, only available to recon sub-class
    - Scales with current level of IFF device in infiltrator tool cert tree. level 1, max 1 deployed at once lasts 30 seconds - Max of 5 deployed lasts 2 minutes 300% more range and pulses
    - 2.5 second reload to try and stop radar spam
    - Has unlimited ammo, but recycles after max scanners have been reached
    - Much more powerful than the sniper sub-class's (default one already in the game)
    - Has standard hp and shield variables 500 shield 500 hp as opposed to 400/500 of the sniper sub
    - Close range Powerhouse (Depending on weapon setup), but not durable like the LA or HA
    - Has advanced hacking not only terminals but vehicles(???)
    - Has a much more armored look than the standard infiltrator(cosmetics)
    - Sam fisher-esque goggles over head like a rangefinder (not obscuring the visor)
    [IMG]
    - Backpack similar to TR engineer's however with luminescent signatures (LEDs for you meatheads)
    - Armor is more similar to that of a light assault however with the infiltrator helm
    - Have more pouches and gear pouches more similar to a medic/heavy
    - Cloak is much more effective than the normal sniper inf and lasts much longer
    - Tool slot has an EMP electric disruptor that has similar physics to the c4, disables vehicles and slowly deconstructs them, 5% max HP per second(with armor multipliers 7.5% damage to rear) but can be removed by hand, takes about 3-5 seconds to disarm by hand, like stabilizing a generator
    - Does not show up on radar when firing, making silencers nearly useless besides the sound.
    - Immune to setting off anti-infantry mines and has a suit mod called EOD pulse HUD (Name TBD)
    - Can hack enemy mines AV and AI
    - Shows up mine and explosive signatures on your HUD as well as emplacements like engy turrets
    - Do not set off AI mines
    - See mines and explosives from farther away with higher levels 500% increase in range (6 levels)
    - Very support and disruption heavy, can use enemy terminals passively without hacking, even while invisable
    - Still very good at taking down HVTs like medics and repairing engies, just not at the range of the sniper
    - Has very powerful EMP(buffed slows vehicle rotation speed and makes a white noise effect in the corners of the screen as well as a signal lost type thing in the middle of the screen, in addition to the current effects, temporarily disables weapons for vehicles) or standard issue grenades

Sorry the recon ended up with much more stuff to read, it was just the one that needed the most change, this should make infiltrating more similar to PS1, when cloakers were actually useful. I know this would probably take quite a while for the devs unfortunately, but i hope they listen.

Next sub-classes/variants should be up in within a few days, so check the corresponding forums for them. I'd love any constructive feedback and criticism!
  2. xpsyclosarinx

Looks like you put a lot of effort into that, sadly I think you're going to get flamed.

Personally I think this is giving infils way too much power when most classes still feel sort of bland to play, they need to add more mechanics to the game before tweaking classes like this too much.
  3. Nimas

While I do agree with the idea that infiltrators (and others) should have multiple archetypes, I think you've gone slightly overboard with what you've given the recon. A recon soldier should *not* be a close range powerhouse, they should be focused on avoiding confrontations that are too risky, and focus on giving information to their allies, and causing havoc in their enemies camps.

Admitedly, basically what you've put down here is what all infils have been asking for (namely Stalker suit) which gives infils the ability to remained stealthy for extended periods of time. This by itself would facilitate a more recon based gameplay, although we really should be able to do something to vehicles/sundies especially even if its only disable them temporarily.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ghostloadout

The reason I listed so much to the recon was because, it is a much more diversified role than the standard infiltrator, the Sniper is basically the standard infiltrator we have right now. Also what i meant about close range powerhouse was the ability to take on 1 enemy rather easily without losing much, Im putting up edits to that right now as i type this, thanks for the feedback.

I do also think i need to add more on the sniper, as well as possible cosmetic changes.