[Suggestion] Variable-Zoom Optics

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by MisterSlim, Oct 11, 2014.

1. MisterSlim

As a real-world competitive shooter, I have discovered that it is actually fairly uncommon to see a fixed-zoom scope intended for long ranges. I believe that in addition to having a bit more interesting sniper rifle optics (let's see some variety, SOE!), that there should be a bit more of a focus on the optics that already exist.

I'd like to propose a couple scopes that allow for variable zooms (of course they would cost many more certs than the existing scopes, if they didn't outright replace them). I myself have used optics that go so far as to use 10x-40x variation, but I understand that something with that large of a range would be ridiculously OP. I'd like to suggest a 6x-8x scope, and a 10x-12x scope. We've all had those situations where we wish we could just see a little bit further with our optics, and this would allow us to fix that issue without breaking the game. Using the 6x-8x still wouldn't allow us to hit those insane 12x shots, but would offer a bit more variety in terms of mid-range sniping. Of course, I'd expect there to be some 'scope adjustment' animation to change the zoom level, and you'd still have to account for drop and movement using the individual zoom mode.

Opinions?
    • Up x 4
  2. Linheru

I'd love a 2x-4x on my scout and battle rifles. Never been a fan of 3.4x :)
  3. breeje

i want a 1x-3.4x

"Never been a fan of 3.4x" to my opinion on the TSAR-42 it's the best scope
    i use it for close range and even against snipers with a 12x scope at really long distance
    after i kill one i send him a post "lucky me with my 3.4x scope:p"
  4. MisterSlim

I don't mind 3.4x scopes too much, but I vastly prefer 4x. (Although 3.4x on the Phantom is pretty nice, that'd be an exception).
  5. Skooma Lord

It think this would be a good addition. We need more depth for many things in this game in my opinion.
  6. Brad seven

Make an attachment or a suit certification that allows you to have 2 different sights on your weapon, maybe for all classes