Vanu weapon:CME

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by a4555in, Dec 8, 2013.

1. a4555in

Having played this game for ~20 days(BR 71) I thought I knew all the names of weapons of each faction, having being killed by all of them over and over again. But that was untill today.
    I was going on my merry way on foot at Allatum, when a VS medic* pops up from behind and kills me with this never-before seen weapon CME*.
    I have died 9317 times, and never have I been killed by this.
    1.)Why is this weapon so rare? Is it too UP?(If it is UP, why don't I see whine threads about it?wtf fourmside:eek:)
    2.)What are the NC/TR counterparts of this weapon?
    * = My memory is bad, the info may be inaccurate.
  2. DashRendar

Not in the strict sense, Vanu just has better ARs to choose from.
  3. GhostAvatar

It is basically because it is very similar to the default Pulsar. It trades a bit more bullet velocity for RoF, and a bit better first shot multiplier for overall horizontal recoil. The differences are so small that its hardly worth the weapon even being in the game. This is why you dont see it that much, because every VS has already got one in the Pulsar. Unless of course they just want the Pulsar with HVA.
  4. starecrow

It's got the same RoF as the Equinox (the -S variant) and the NS11A, at the same price as the NS11A - so there's no real reason to get it.
    According to the DA stats site, only ~50 people have Auraxium with it.
  5. SpaceKing

Basically, it's almost exactly the same as the default Vanu medic gun, but it has slightly better recoil, looks cooler and sounds different, that's all you get for 1,000 certs.

... I bought it anyway
  6. gigastar

Compared to the HV-45 its inferior in CQC.

Compared to the Corvus its inferior at longer range.

Compared to the Pulsar its much more expensive for what advantages it brings.

If it was cheaper, then it would be great. But its not.
  7. sindz

No one said this yet?

Its more or less the same as NS-11A, tho NS-11A is better in every aspect, so no reason to get CME at all.
  8. Kupcake

The CME is meant to be a long-range weapon, honestly, and it does well in this regard. It has very low vertical recoil (0.2), decent horizontal recoil (0.225), and it can mount both a compensator and advanced foregrip. It also has good projectile velocity (630), decent first-shot recoil (0.5), and its recoil arc is only 3 degrees (17-20). This weapon is very controllable at range, and in my opinion, is a quite enjoyable tool in combat. Some people say that the NS-11A is superior in every way, but I would disagree. The NS-11A has 10% more vertical recoil (0.22), 32% more first-shot recoil (0.66), and a 5 degree recoil arc (15-20). I'm not sure how horizontal recoil ultimately compares between the two, as the NS-11A has 11% less base horizontal recoil but lacks an advanced foregrip. To me, though, the CME feels more controllable at long range.

So the CME would make an excellent long-range fully automatic AR . . . for the TR. For the VS, though, the CME only ever filled that niche at launch. It made sense for a while. But if you recall, one new ES weapon was added to each basic weapon class shortly after launch. That's when the CME met its younger brother, the Corvus.

The problem with the CME as a VS weapon is that the Corvus is arguably the most accurate long-range fully automatic weapon. The Corvus mounts a comp and foregrip, and it has manageable, unbiased vertical recoil and good first-shot recoil for a 167 weapon (0.3 and 0.555 respectively). Also, its decent projectile velocity (600), tiny first-shot CoF as a 167 weapon, and lack of bullet drop, lets you quickly and reliably headshot targets at extreme range. But what sets it apart is its SUPERB horizontal recoil of 0.15, which I believe beats or matches _any_ other fully automatic weapon. The only other AR which matches its accuracy is the SABR, but that weapon only fires two-round bursts. On top of this, compared to either the SABR or CME, the Corvus has both accuracy AND teeth, being second-best in minimum point-blank TTK's for VS AR's (beaten only by the Viper) and having the best minimum TTK's of VS AR's at long range.

So the real problem isn't that the CME is bad. It just can't compete with the alternatives in its niche, which is why you rarely see it.
  9. Goden

I am a proud owner of this weapon.

I'm going to go take it and sit in a corner so you can't talk mean about it
  10. nooblet91698

1. the weapon is 1000 certs, and most people dislike it so much, that they get the NS11A over it (it's actually one of the best weapons in the game, if you know how to use it)
    2. NC counterpart: Reaper DMR
    TR counterpart: SABR-13
    I love this gun, and it has been highly recommended by my outfit members. It has bullet velocity that is comparable to a sniper rifle, and has access to the 6x scope. The fire rate is the same as the NS11A, with a shorter reload time. This is the long distance support gun of the medic
  11. gigastar

VS medics can take a vehicle mounted autocannon as a weapon?

Assuming you mean the HV-45, i believe its name was once Hydra.
  12. Amundsenkalmah

HidraVyper?
    I dont know :eek:
  13. Unclematos7

No. It's not OP.