Vanu`s Charge Up Pistol

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bolticus, May 1, 2013.

1. Keelin

I really hope this never happens but i think it's too late to stop it.
    They have decided that charging is the new VS "thing" and now they are gonna put it on literally everything.
  2. bNy_

Every single VS said that they didn't want charge mechanism on our lancer when it first came... Now they gave us Vortex with the same mechanism... Next up, pistols? Where will it all end...

When will SOE realize that charge-up mechanism can't be considered as something good, it takes time and is annoying. It's not a trait it's a handicap...
  3. Izriul

They really don't care though. NC will get a shotgun pistol, because ya'know, shotguns just haven't quite been whined about enough, and we all know how strong SG's are at close range, so now they can run around with a decent mid-long range primary and pull out their pistol for CQC.

TR get a full auto-pistol, because ya'know, it's already known how great the burst one is, so unless you kill them in your first clip, you're done for due to the 5-10 extra rounds and then a full auto after. The current repeater is a beast weapon and is good enough to compete with most primaries, while even excelling over many, SMG's excluded.

Now VS can stand still charging up for 5-6 seconds to do less damage than a single shot from NC's, while probably doing the same damage as 2-3 shots from TR's full auto.

Can't ******* wait.

Well, to be fair, it's just another thing not to buy. Their loss.
  4. Xanolith

It's not really fair, because while enemies can spam my Magrider with homing missiles that negate the entire advantage of a agile tank, the comparable VS option just can't compete. It's going to be a similar situation with these pistols.
  5. Liquid23

hey guys you know what we should do?

waste a bunch of time and energy ********, crying, and proclaiming doom over something that isn't even on the test server yet and that we know next to nothing about!
  6. Izriul

Yeah, today I spent more time dodging cheap cheesy easy Ravens and Phoenix's than I did firing. I kept my tank alive for a long time, but mainly because I'm a careful driver and I had to keep pulling out every 5 seconds to repair. The range on those things are pretty much a joke, especially since they actually try to use it as an argument, its pathetic. The shear amount of Maxes they have hiding behind cover makes it pretty hard to get close in a tank. Was watching LA after LA try to get in but ofc, 1 shot by the 10 or so hackmax. Apparently, you're not allowed to attack biolabs but also use tanks against NC now.
  7. TheHalo1Pistol

I agree. The only reason it worked in Halo with the Spartan Laser was because AT MOST there were 8 enemies trying to kill you, not 50+. That charge up while you are standing there pretty much calls to all snipers "HEY, SHOOT ME IN THE FACE!".
    • Up x 2
  8. Izriul

Oh right, so, we should let it go live, so that it won't be removed because people have already bought it? Makes complete sense.

This IS the time to whine about something. Firstly, even a tiny bit of common sense dictates how ******** a charge up pistol would be, but also, people said how crap the lancer would be, it was, same as the vortex, it is, and most (I won't speak for all, or even try to) but most really don't want another charge up weapon. It's that simple.

Well, that settles it, we have even been graced by it's influence itself. Halos pistol even says it's crap, it MUST be.
  9. Pikachu

How about a pistol version of the lasher?
  10. Liquid23

no... the time to whine about it is when the details are actually revealed and/or it's put on the test server ... otherwise all you are doing right now is wasting energy crying over speculation...

lol no where did I say anything even remotely close to "wait till it goes live"... in fact I specifically stated to wait for actual details or the the chance to see it on the test server... if you had ANY common sense I wouldn't have to say this
  11. TheHalo1Pistol

OP, do want.
  12. Izriul

We don't NEED details to know that (again, I won't speak for ALL) a lot of us don't WANT a charge up pistol. The mechanic itself is dull, crap, boring, monotonous, tedious, counter productive and stupid.

It's a pistol! Pistols are usually CQC. Standing around charging, or even moving around charging is idiotic. If people choose it for range, then it's either going to do pathetic amounts of damage = making it useless, or idiotic amounts of damage = making it overpowered and then nerfed.

It's an extremely lazy way for the developers to just "throw" something in. Like the ZOE. For ages they stated "dunno what to give VS". The only thing consistent is that they refuse to listen to what the PLAYERS want, and continue to give them what they DON'T want.
  13. bNy_

The whole concept of having charge on short range is beyond rtarded, therefore it's not too early to whine about it.
  14. Pikachu

Overpowered? o_O How noticeable is really the splash damage of the lasher? I have never felt that fighting someone who's wielding the lasher was more difficult than someone with regular weapons. The splash damage just causes annoyance, not death. On a pistol that would be even less noticeable.
  15. Liquid23

again you don't know what it will be like... for all you know it could let you charge it up and keep it charged even if you swap till you need it... it could be nice and powerful... hell this is SOE we are talking about so it could be a 1hko charged... you know absolutely nothing of substance to base any whining off of...

and they DO pay attention to the test servers... if they didn't my Harasser would have a Vulcan on it right now
  16. Xanolith

You are absolutely incorrect. We're complaining more generally about the direction and concept the VS is taking towards charge up mechanics. The gun is just an example of that philosophy coming to fruition.
    Again, it's not specifically the pistol itself we're frustrated with; it's the charge up mechanic in general.
  17. Liquid23

YOU might not be... but a lot in this thread ARE specifically crying about the pistol which they know absolutely nothing of substance about
  18. Xanolith

Again, the pistol is certainly the original focus of the article, but almost every complaint I've seen has been complaining about the mechanic in general, whether joking about holding the brakes to go faster, the VS missile launcher, etc. No one's complaining about specifics like charge times, weapon damage, etc. It's the fundamental underlying mechanic we're not happy with on this conceptual pistol and everything else they may come up with afterwards.
  19. Liquid23

yes obviously comments like this

are not baseless speculation and whining about the pistol
  20. Izriul

I don't NEED to know what it will be like. You have no argument what-so-ever. I know for a FACT that I don't want a charge up mechanic, I couldn't care less if it one shot players from a mile away or if it tickled them at point blank range. I, like many others, don't want charge up. Couldn't be any more simple.