Vanu Pulsar.. is forward grip worth it?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Asan, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Asan

I notice with my pulsar I have very little if no horizontal recoil.. is the forward grip still worth the 100 certs? Does it tighten my groups or what? Everyone says it's awesome.. but I am not sure if it is 100 cert awesome...

Thanks ahead of time for the info ;-)
  2. KamiCrazy

I have it, recently upgraded. Didn't make any noticeable difference for me.

Although I consider myself pretty accurate with the pulsar already. I went 75/25 in TI Alloys yesterday over an hour period. Highest kill streak was about 25.

The thing is what else are you going to put there? The other options are just crappy.
  3. Asan

Well, I was going to just put nothing there and drop certs elsewhere.

WHat scope do you use?
  4. KamiCrazy

I use 2x reflex.

Can't see any reason to use a different one.
  5. wabbitseason

The forward grip turns your shot spread into a vertical oval, instead of a circle. You can't compensate balanced horizontal recoil to achieve this yourself. While it makes little to no difference up close, medium+ you'll connect easier.
    • Up x 1
  6. KamiCrazy

7. Asan

Great info Wabbitseason, thank you.

And thank you everyone else, I'll check that thread Kami.
  8. Trysaeder

Are we using the same weapon? The Pulsar LSW has an up-right pull, just like 90% of VS weapons. The foregrip helps with the grouping a little bit.

The biggest reason to put a foregip or laser sight on a weapon is because it has literally no downside. 100 certs in 2x XP is only ~100 kills, fewer if you have a boost. At least put SOMETHING on that underbarrel slot.
  9. Asan

Trysaeder- Ofc we are using the same weapon, I said Pulsar did I not? And yeah it has a slight right pull, but mainly it seemed vertical to me. Being why I posted this, to see if it really is worth 100 certs to get rid of that slight pull. But, as you said and another said, the grouping gets helped a bit... so that makes it worth it to me.

I don't really feel the need to upgrade something just because you can.. I have a lot more **** to **** out on my macrider, so 100 certs is the diff between another level of chassis or a foregrip ;-)

But alas, this double exp combined with my boost I just bought, has really made certs a helluva lot easier to obtain. For a couple more days anyways...

Than you everyone for your input. I have bought the foregrip ;-)
  10. Bill Hicks

do VS need to spend anything on certs?
  11. SirBurning

seems to be worth it by the looks of things.
  12. Asan

Very nice sirburning, ty
  13. Phebus

Foreward grip reduces the shake of the gun, not just sideways pull so I would recommend it as more shots hit on the crosshair. I recommend compensator as priority then foreward grip.