Vanu of Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NewSith, Aug 6, 2013.

1. NewSith

I am unsure as to how it came down to this, but I notice less and less organized groups playing Miller VS. It became very zergy as of lately (both on strategical and tactical levels) and I can barely name any outfit that can field a small group to rehack small-scale hacks. I far more often encounter separate people from noteworthy outfits groupping up to resecure such things. The overall skill level maybe high for each one of them, but a group of 5 solo pro's, definitely loses to 5 casuals, bound by teamwork and time spent playing together.

Point is - Miller VS (or actually any player group on any server), get outfit ops happening more often. It spices up the game alot for old players and acts as a good holding factor (aswell as recruiting feature) for newcomers.

Just to point out the amount of relatively populated groups IDLING (even /lead is dead silent):

RPS (most active from what I see)
    DWG
    MDK
    ISK
    FOG
    VC

Compared to what I saw back when I was playing NC, those all were active and NOT IDLING (not to even mention the Zukhov's dry voice 24/7 declaring where they are going, with NC squads reporting in after him):
    WASP
    CONZ
    MCY
    RL

Do, whatever needs to be done, recruit and appoint more secondary commanders and do ya thing already!
  2. KanoHe

Most of our great Platoon Leaders either left Miller or abandoned PS2.
    It just wasn't fun to fight overpoped Strikers...
    Also latice...
  3. Rikkit

what's about the outfit, that has start this awesome zombieevent, isnt there some action going on?
    oh and on nc side you forgot some german outfits....
  4. NewSith

Zombie Apocalypse was caused by RPS.

As for NC, I don't think I recall...
  5. Trillsiker

hi,

99% of the answer : STRIKER

here is the 1% missing :

Vanu are underpowered in all way possible in the game (i play vanu myself so it's not for cry, it's a reality).

Our rocket launcher are ****, we don't even get a Prowler with our hades rocket launcher due to his speed, we are ofc spotted with our big blue effects.

Our MBT don't Worth anything against prowlers and Vanguard.

Our Scythe don't Worth anything against Reaver damage, not to mention our rockets pods are a ***** joke.

Our infantery weapons, don't Worth anything, we have not bullet drops in a close encounter game, who gonna snipe with assault rifle ? this si ridiculous.

TR, same damage as vanu, twice ammo and RPM => lol ?
    NC, more damage as vanu, same ammo, lower RPM => fair enought for me, but if we look at the stats and compare it, we'r underpowered.

The only good thing about playing vanu, and why i stay in vanu is because we d'ont have to search for a fight / we have to give our best for make the différence against all thoses skilled nc/tr outfits and that's really rewarding.

Our only problem is the way devs think vanu, not bullet drop in a close range game is stupid, not to mention we have bullet drops where that matters => snipers, mbt, scythe pods etc (what a joke for the faction without bullet drops). Vanu dev is a joke !

So yeah ppl are here for play and having fun, most of them i think - that means Vanu is Full of Zerg discovering the game and then go NC or TR because they obviously get an hard time dealing with them and TR/NC have a stable population instead the permanent turn over we get in Vanu.
  6. ValorousBob

This thread is hilarious. Leader chat is dead because all the leaders are talking to each other on TVA voice comms. Also if you ask the TR or NC, they say the VS is the most organized and NC is basically dead.

The problem Miller VS has is that few of our outfits take new players. You need those big open outfits to get players acclimated to the game, and then they can join a more organized outfit if they want. EMLD, RPS and DIG/DIGT are actually doing a good job of this, and improving by the week.
  7. NewSith

By /lead I meant both voice and written chats. I don't see nor hear any.
  8. Klondik3

My hypothesis is that they simply got bored and complaining about strikers is only rationalization.
  9. variablez

[quote="
    Just to point out the amount of relatively populated groups IDLING (even /lead is dead silent):

RPS (most active from what I see)
    DWG
    MDK
    ISK
    FOG
    VC"
    [/quote]

do you mean that the above list are outfits that are idle? or active?

Vanu miller have a large number of small organised outfits with one or two squads at the very most.
    While there are a couple of large zergfits that use 50 tanks to take one outpost and suck most of the casual vanu population on a continent as they roll from base to another, while losing all of the others bases.

the smaller organised outfits should consider merging with each other to become much more effective.
    whats the point of being an outfit with 5 active players ? join- merge an more established outfit.

while the zergfits should examine if they need 100 people to cap one base.
  10. huller

My god, just when I thought the record for stupidest thing said on the forum was firmly in Stew's hand, THIS post apears.
  11. Midnightmare

Seems more like a by product of lattice system to be honest since its the same all over.
  12. Kurohagane

get yo facs str8 b4 u come here n **** up sum shiz

seriously
  13. ValorousBob

Clarification, TVA command comms refers to part of the TS3 server that the Vanu outfits use. Several of the TVA outfits use it as their main server and have their own channels, everyone else has a leader/comms officer that sits in their command channel. All the leaders use whisper lists to talk to each other and coordinate. We have about 20+ outfits represented on the TVA TS server.