Vanu Medic - first steps....?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Macio, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Macio

Hey there,
    I am looking for some hints/tips - where to start investing my cert points and/or station coins?
    As some of you state : it is preferable to start with self heal then medic tool and ....?
    What kind of weapon should I choose/buy?
  2. Polarity

Upgrade your medical applicator right away. You technically get less xp if you revive then heal them up, but it saves so much time and makes up for it. You can run around and revive like 3 people before someone with level 1 gets one person up and back to full health.

Edit: Revive other medics! Can't be said enough, there are a lot of medics that refuse to revive other medics just so they can get more points for themselves. Don't be like them, get friendly medics up quickly so they can keep your push going.
    • Up x 1
  3. MartianDiscoFish

Default Pulsar VS1 is a solid gun for mid range engagements, for attachments I would go with a 2x reflex sight and a laser dot.

Nanoweave armor is pretty useful as a medic, you'll be hit by stray bullets alot whilst reviving your dead allies,
    and with the health regen ability, nanoweave only adds to the survivability of the medic.

If you play medic for the support role, medical applicator is more important to upgrade than your health regen
    If you play medic for survivability, health regen is more important to upgrade
  4. Bill Hicks

i cannot understand the in game descriptions what is the name of the ability that heals you and people around you? ( the ability when you press f)
  5. Vortok

Getting your applicator and heal aura up is a good priority. Applicator is the higher priority, but I'd aim to get them both to rank 5 (one off max). The extra healing of your aura when you get put to the brink of death is noticeable. Last rank of the aura is just recharge. Last rank of the applicator is very good, but at rank five you bring them back at 75% and can get a heal exp tick for topping them off. Decent compromise until you can save up.

Nanoweave is a solid suit option. Flak Armor is scheduled to get buffed next week so that'll be very solid as well.

You're going to be using your gun a lot, so get attachments for it/find the gun that suits your preferred range and playstyle. If you've rezzed the dead and healed them up or there's other medics already covering it, there's nothing for you to do other than shoot at people... and sometimes it's better to shoot first and rez second. The stock gun is pretty decent. I run a grip (makes it recoil up, easy to control) and the 2x holo sight (very open, doesn't block your view) on it.

C4 is nice, but I wouldn't put it as a high priority. A single brick has limited usefulness against vehicles compared to two (an extra 500 cert investment over the initial 200). Still, helpful against a MAX or a crowd of people if you can get it placed right. Takes a fair bit more thought than a frag grenade to use.
    • Up x 1
  6. iGamer1990

ya use this weekend to get as much certs you can and rank up applicator and heal aura
  7. Serafan

A few things.

1) Nanoweave armor is TERRIBLE. It lets you survive on average 1 additional bullet, now please time how long it takes you to shoot 1 bullet. It increases your lifespan by a small fraction of a second. Will it statistically save your life a few times? Yes it will, is it worth the certs and giving up the other armor types? No.

2) Increasing your healing applicator is important, increasing your ability is important if the next rank increases healing done. This does not change how much healing you will do per second, but it does decrease the speed in which your ability bar is used. The cooldown reduction cert levels currently do nothing.

3) Your weapon is very important thing to upgrade. The pulsar is a fine starting weapon, its a bit bland but it can do the job. Get a reflex and a ir/nv scope and you will be just fine in most fire fights. When you start saving(or if you want to use stationcash) you can go with the V45 if you want the fastest time to kill, the CME if you want to be slightly better at long range fights, or the Equinox if you want the underbarrel options, or stick with the pulsar if you want the jack of all trades. Some people like the NS-11, its more of a TR style weapon. The Equinox Burst is trash, please do not waste your certs.

Kill the enemy then heal and rez. If you try to heal and rez while the enemy is still up they will just walk in and kill you.

4) Revive grenades are amazing. Learn how to throw the grenades so you can get them wherever you want.
  8. Aurus

Flak armor is amazing for medics. The places you usually end up reviving people are often at high risk of having grenades in the vicinity. You'll have a better chance of surviving.
    • Up x 1
  9. Polarity

This, plus it's receiving a buff soon. It's worth investing in it once you have your other stuff squared away.